Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Serious Discussion: Is blaming D-68 on illegal immigrants racist?
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
RE: Serious Discussion: Is blaming D-68 on illegal immigrants racist?
(10-16-2014 04:02 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
Quote:200yrs2late
Quote:John is trying to say that since EV-D68 first showed up in CA in 1962, it can't be from the illegal immigrant children since it was already in the US.

No what I am saying is the 1962 stat, plus numerous other clusters that have appeared consistently since 87 prove that this disease has been present already in the US for some time, and present in other countries/continents. I am not saying this means it couldn't of come from latin america. what I am saying that people who have a mentality of:

"the only way (or the most likely way) this outbreak could possibly have happened is if outside factors introduced it." need to shy away from that line of thought. clearly it is just as likely (if not more) that it appeared from non latin american origins rather than latin american origins.

Quote:Never mind that this year's outbreak is the largest ever, meaning that it is statistically significant and most likely not related to the usual rare and isolated cases that pop up every so often.

not even close to accurate. viruses in general have a prior history of behaving erratically like this. plenty of times it is because of the virus itself just appeared/went away (spanish flu) or other times it is because of the who what when where that it appeared. look at ebola. more infections in the last year than in the previous 37 years of its history. is it because the virus changed? no it's because it got introduced to a setting that it had never been exposed to. I never addressed this point with you because it simply has no context to the argument. the number of cases has no effect. it could of been as simple as for the first time a patient managed to spread it to a number of his classmates unlike previous infections do to a number of bad factors all coming together at the same time.

this is where there is a major logical fault in your argument. when you have nomadic movements causing the spread. it's usually a patient zero where one person bares the net responsibility for starting a cluster in a certain area. the theory put forward by you and other cons is that one person is ultimately what caused this. that agrees with the "its rare" and "it popped up in MO but not the southwest" talking points. however it does not agree with this talking point. because this talking point essentially endorses the notion that multiple illegals with the virus carried it. if multiple illegals carried it, then it would be much less likely that it would of popped up only in MO.

Quote:John also states that since Kansas City Mo is not a border town that it is further evidence that cannot in any way be related to the influx of illegal immigrant children. Never mind the fact that Kansas City Mo is headquarters for Region 7 of the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of DHH. In and of itself, that means very little, but does establish a possible link between immigrants and EV-D68.

my statement is not that it isn't a border town isn't because there's no way it could of gotten that far north, but that there is no way given the incubation period of this disease that the virus could of popped up just in MO in the way that it did. how can you seriously claim that it didn't effect other illegal children on that childs way to a detention facility in MO, only for him or her to suddenly start infecting once he/her was in MO. it's a 2+2=3 line of thought. this disease has a very short incubation period. it's not something that could of been transmitted just in MO if it was carried from central america to the southwest to MO without starting clusters in other areas.

so that alone is a major red flag. the other red flag is that the documented stats on how many children are confirmed to have been sent to illinois is 1/60th of the total children involved in this, and MO having zero. that should also be a huge red flag that we should of seen this appear in the southwest. speaking of which...

so you & others are saying that there could of been illegals in KC, but we don't know because obama is keeping the locations. okay, if these are secret locations then how in the heck did those kids come in contact with american kids? that right there seems to put a fork in the argument. the only possible explanation would be if an adult carried it. if that were the case then we would of had a dozen or so whistleblowers who said "I worked at one of these locations and my kid got sick" on CNN or FNC. but as far as I am aware we haven't seen one case of that.

Quote:Instead of simply acknowledging that it MAY NOT BE RACIST to question a possible relationship between the influx in illegals and EV-D68, John would rather attack sources, deflect, and use his own unsubstantiated personal opinion to paint any of us that are willing to ask the question as racists.
I attack your sources because they either are not relevant, or they are by a discredited journalist who is a partisan hack and doesn't even back up her claims. that link was as bad as link a rush limbaugh quote to back up ones claim.

Quote:I have repeatedly asked him for one piece of evidence to support his claim that asking that question is racist. Still no answer.

my examples are all over this thread. If you wanna pull the "still no answer" playing card. how come you have completely ignored my talking point about ontario? that place has more cases than the 6-7 states with the highest number of illegal immigrants COMBINED. and you possibly can not pull the "secret detention center" playing card there.

why am I not surprised that 200 chose not to make a rebuttal to this thread? it's funny how he claims I don't back up my claims and yet he ignores me when I do.

selective eyes I guess.
10-16-2014 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Discussion: Is blaming D-68 on illegal immigrants racist? - john01992 - 10-16-2014 04:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.