Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Serious Discussion: Is blaming D-68 on illegal immigrants racist?
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
RE: Serious Discussion: Is blaming D-68 on illegal immigrants racist?
(10-15-2014 03:52 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(10-15-2014 03:33 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
(10-15-2014 03:12 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Quote where I said that please.

Also please link any article where this specific claim is made. I'd like to know where you got it from so that I can properly respond. If an article exists stating that, I would ardently disagree with it.

To clarify what I said about a stigma on anything illegal, its the act of illegally immigrating here that should be stigmatized, not the individual. The individual should be processed and returned home as quickly as allowed under current immigration laws. That said, the illegal immigrant has broken a law, therefore they are criminals, therefore they should bear whatever stigma is usually attached to criminals.

guess what you wanted to say and how interpreted it are different. by saying that because people are illegal immigrants they should be stigmatized, is it hard for one to assume you are endorsing illegals being blamed for something they hard nothing to do with?

The way I see it, blaming an entire demographic for a specifically deadly disease with zero evidence to back it up is a personal stigmatization. how would you feel if someone did that to Caucasian Americans?

Of course anything is open to interpretation. Some here are more skilled than others at twisting points and interpreting statements to support their argument.
I do think that there is a certain stigma that comes with being here illegally, perhaps even more of one for being an illegal immigrant child that was shipped here by a parent under then impression that it was okay and the child would not be sent home. On one hand I cannot fault a parent for wanting a better life for their child. On the other is the fact that simply arriving here under illegal circumstances does not give one the right to stay anymore than stealing someone's property makes it mine, or breaking into someone else's house makes it okay for me to be there.

You know what happens when one makes an assumption right? Well, there you go. In this case you end up looking foolish for assuming that I am endorsing something that I never said, nor implied. Stating that illegal immigrants bear a certain stigma in the public's eye is in no way endorsing any sort of blame on a particular action other than that of being here illegally. Anything further is an example of you creating an issue where one does not exist.

Also, please get around to responding to this part of your assumption,
Quote:oh so making made up claims that Mexicans killed someone else child is perfectly okay because anyone illegal is okay to be stigmatized?

sorry but I don't understand how in any circumstance this is okay.
I never said nor implied anything of the kind. I think it only fair that you retract that assumption and try to stick more to factual posts rather than what you may think someone implied.

As to you last question,
Quote:how would you feel if someone did that to Caucasian Americans?
the answer is simple. I wouldn't care. As a white American with a minute amount of Native American blood, I still wouldn't care. I doubt these illegal immigrants, whether the are kids or adults, care either.

i think no one can truly say "I won't care" unless they actually experience it, but your position is one that I at least respect. to me illegal/legal is not a justification for blaming a disease on some demographic. sure jobs, taxpayer money being spent, morality are all fair game. but at the end of the day this type of talking point simply should not be happening.
10-15-2014 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Discussion: Is blaming D-68 on illegal immigrants racist? - john01992 - 10-15-2014 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.