Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No Longer the Smallest
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: No Longer the Smallest
(02-17-2015 12:07 PM)rabidTU2 Wrote:  If we tear down MG, then would we replace all the facilities that would go away with it? We have a lot of expensive stuff in there that I'm not sure we could afford to lose completely from the program. Would we have to drop rowing for instance? Volleyball with their dressing facilities, practice area etc would then have to go somewhere else. Golf would have nowhere close to putt/chip in the winter. Band would lose their indoor band room. I think even the cheerleaders, pep squads have facilities in there somewhere. Athletic offices and storage. On and on. If we are going to replace an entire building and demolish it, wouldn't we need to have something else and what would be the cost of it? Where would we then put it? Also, I think at some point if TU FB is going to grow, we need to slap on more suites (in the future) for more revenue. Those seats and space are always sold and don't even have to be occupied but TU still gets the money (like the vacant seats in the Don) - businesses provide the revenue but seldom attend. Luxury seats are always in demand and one luxury seat provides as much revenue as 5-10 outdoor stadium seats.

I'm for beer at the games as long as there are sections in the stadium that are "beer free" zones so the kiddies can enjoy and their parents won't sit by a fan that throws up on them - just kidding.

The parking situation is easily remedied if they open up the setback. TU owns the land already and it is inexplicably chained up where noone can park. That has enough open area for hundreds of spaces. One space doesn't just equal one fan, on average, about 3 fans to a car.
If TU is going to grow as we've discussed, then they need more of that. Students use it during the weekdays and the rest is deginated for night/weekend "events". To grow as both a college and an athletic program, TU needs to provide the parking, the facilties, the infrastructure and the entertainment. Its that simple.

Sorry about the long post, but I'm going back to my college classes on "athletic facilities". I actually had a class on design and made renederings on just this sort of thing. Its always been a hobby. Oh, I made an A+.

In the case of tearing down MG, I think most of the occupants could make temporary arrangements.

The toughest replacements would be rowing and the security offices.

Volleyball could use the Basketball practice gym or the real Reynolds center court.
The band can be moved to TUPAC. Golf would have to make off campus arrangements. All the athletic offices could be moved to temporary facilities around campus (KEP actually has tons of open office space after the construction of Razor and Stephenson) also temporary mobile offices could be used for the Media relations / Marketing.

We might be able to use the building that the school rented as a temporary bookstore over on Harvard for the rowing Facilities

Hopefully the IPC could be completed sectionaly so some facilities could be opened up sooner than others, letting certain departments back in sooner than others.
02-20-2015 06:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 07-13-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 07-14-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 07-14-2014, 11:46 AM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - jfisher - 07-30-2014, 11:33 AM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 07-30-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - JesseTU - 01-31-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - Tulsafanzz - 01-31-2015, 06:19 PM
No Longer the Smallest - goldenhurricane2 - 01-31-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - JesseTU - 02-01-2015, 11:39 AM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 02-01-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - invisiblehand - 02-04-2015, 11:25 PM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 02-05-2015, 11:02 AM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - invisiblehand - 02-06-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 02-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - invisiblehand - 02-17-2015, 05:50 AM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - JesseTU - 02-06-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 02-17-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - invisiblehand - 02-20-2015 06:45 PM
No Longer the Smallest - goldenhurricane2 - 02-23-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 02-23-2015, 10:26 AM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 06-21-2015, 05:41 PM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 07-03-2015, 12:12 PM
RE: No Longer the Smallest - rabidTU2 - 07-06-2016, 09:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.