Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Delany puts knife into idea of Uconn to the Big Ten
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
RE: Delany puts knife into idea of Uconn to the Big Ten
(06-22-2014 11:09 AM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  
(06-22-2014 10:25 AM)omniorange Wrote:  You are living in your own fantasy realm. The discussion was not about what Texas' options were. Texas has, and still has, a gazillion of them.

The point of emphasis was about OU and OSU attempting to get into the Pac (ploy or not, believe what you want) and which side ended discussions first. Just as you claim OU and OSU were talking to the Pac-12 so as to get UT to stay with the Big 12 others can claim the Pac-12 was discussing conference affiliation with OU and OSU in order to get UT to choose them as their option.

Your notion that the Pac-12 truly, truly, truly wanted OU and OSU without Texas and it was OU and OSU that rebuffed them is not definitive. The news articles from that time just do not support your view as being definitive.

Cheers,
Neil

and you are trying to put things out there that I have not said so that you can "win" a discussion on the WWW

I never said that the PAC 12 truly truly truly wanted OU and OkState without Texas

what I said was that Larry talked way too much early on and Larry thought way too much of what the PAC 12 was offering and how irresistible it would be and he was caught flat footed when A&M said outright no not even open for discussion and he was caught flat footed again when the SEC SEC SEC was ready to move not just on A&M, but on MU too and he was caught flat footed for yet a 3rd time when he realized that UT was still not looking at the PAC 12 as their only option or even as their best option

and after that he panicked (like he did with the Utah add after his CU "get UT and the others" move failed) and he realized that if the PAC 12 wanted to expand to beyond 12 they were looking at the need to add OU and OkState at least or they might lose them as well and then they would be even worse off

so again I have made clear it was not the desired outcome for any of the three parties (PAC 12, OU and OkState) to end up together as just that group, but it became a very real possibility when the PAC 12 realized that UT was pretty much viewing them as a non-option and that the SEC SEC SEC was ready to move and moving and that the ACC and Big 10 were possibly ready to move as well

and I have never claimed that OU and OkState were attempting to talk with the PAC 12 to get UT to follow along because by the time OU and OkState were talking to the PAC 12 independently it was almost certain that barring the PAC 12 capitulating on the LHN Texas was not going to go there

and I have never claimed that the PAC 12 was talking to OU and OkState to try and get Texas to come to the PAC 12 because by the time OU and OkState were talking to the PAC 12 without Texas it was already clear to the PAC 12 that Texas was not looking at them as even their best option or their second best option or as their third best option

what I am saying is that OU and OkState saw the potential that UT might go to the Big 10, ACC or independent without them and even if they tried to go there they might not be able to so OU and OkState needed to explore all options

and what I am saying is that once the PAC 12 realized that UT was not coming to the PAC 12 99% for certain and that UT might well go to the Big 10, ACC or even independent or to the SEC the PAC 12 looked around and realized that they might be looking at a Big 10 with Texas and possibly ND and or others or an SEC with Texas, Texas A&M, MU and 1 other and the PAC 12 might also be looking at an SEC SEC SEC with Texas A&M, MU, OU and OkState and a Big 10 with Texas and ND and possibly others and thenn the PAC 12 might be really screwed

and so the PAC 12 and OU and OkState started talking about if they would be interested in each other

and once it was clear that Texas was not leaving the Big 12 there was no longer interest

and it was Sooner Joe from OU that called Larry "My Business Is Too Public" Scott to let him know that the Big 12 had a firm agreement in place for Texas and OU and OkState to say in the Big 12 and then the PAC 12 voted to table expansion

so that is dramatically different than what you are trying to say I said and it is dramatically different than winners and losers and who told who they wanted to break up or wanted to friend zone each other.......because the reality is the PAC 12 and OU and OkState never wanted to be together as just that group on either side, but the PAC 12 especially was caught off guard that once Larry "Blabber Mouth" Scott had started talking about the PAC 10 at 12 or 14 or 16 that other conferences like the SEC SEC SEC and Big 10 especially were pretty much ready to make a move and get teams wrapped up before it even became public it was a done deal

and after Larry "Shut Up You Idiot And Keep It Quiet" Scott was caught flat footed he was in a real bind and was above his pay grade and he panicked and once OU and OkState realized that Texas had every option and Texas was going to explore every option even if that meant others were left standing around and wondering and being questioned about what they were doing Texas was going to do that and so OU and OkState decided they better start having something to let people know they were exploring

so again the "lure Texas" was long gone and that is why OU and OkState and the PAC 12 were even talking without Texas.....because there is a chance they all would have ended up in a place they did not want to be if the did not at least talk

The problem with long drawn out responses like this (and believe me, I know since I used to be as verbose) is that eventually you circle back on yourself. Reread this response again and see where you contradict yourself.

Cheers,
Neil
06-22-2014 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Delany puts knife into idea of Uconn to the Big Ten - omniorange - 06-22-2014 12:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.