ECU and the SEC
Bookmark and Share
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: ECU and the SEC
(09-07-2011 11:25 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(09-07-2011 10:53 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  
(09-03-2011 07:57 PM)whitey Wrote:  Yeah we are not good enough for the SEC, ECU 24-14 halftime.

56-37, Final. 5 turnovers inside your own 40 will do it to ya every time.

Oh, BTW... the thread is not dead yet. Think of it this way: ECU actually beats a BCS school as far as "markets" are concerned. WVU, with only a million or so folks? Nah, they'll never be added. j/k

Turnvers can happen to any team. Lord knows I know. But that just proves that East Carolina can hang with the elite of the SEC. Nothing wrong with that. Put ECU in the SEC and see how the SEC can take over North Carolina AND increase SEC interest in South Carolina, Virginia and generally on the East Coast. One small step for the SEC, one huge expansion for SEC influence and power.

Which "elite" SEC team is ECU hanging with? Please don't tell me SC.
09-08-2011 07:12 AM
Quote this message in a reply
saleen692 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Redskins
(09-08-2011 07:12 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(09-07-2011 11:25 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(09-07-2011 10:53 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  
(09-03-2011 07:57 PM)whitey Wrote:  Yeah we are not good enough for the SEC, ECU 24-14 halftime.

56-37, Final. 5 turnovers inside your own 40 will do it to ya every time.

Oh, BTW... the thread is not dead yet. Think of it this way: ECU actually beats a BCS school as far as "markets" are concerned. WVU, with only a million or so folks? Nah, they'll never be added. j/k

Turnvers can happen to any team. Lord knows I know. But that just proves that East Carolina can hang with the elite of the SEC. Nothing wrong with that. Put ECU in the SEC and see how the SEC can take over North Carolina AND increase SEC interest in South Carolina, Virginia and generally on the East Coast. One small step for the SEC, one huge expansion for SEC influence and power.

Which "elite" SEC team is ECU hanging with? Please don't tell me SC.

You could look at the history between the two teams? Its now, ECU has won the last 5 out of 8 games between SC. SEC is a great conference for athletics and academics and there are plenty of schools out there that would fit.
If Texas A&M goes to SEC there already looking at Mizzouri and WVU (Mizzouri?). I dont know if UNC, DUKE or even NCSTATE would leave because of basketball.

What about adding Texas A&M, WVU, VT, and ECU. That would be pretty awesome?

I think the SEC should take a look at ECU for sure and Im just a football fan. Someone sent me this link to watch a video pretty cool.

http://www.ecu.edu/undaunted/
09-08-2011 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Screw WVU. Those sumbitches sided with the Yankees. 05-stirthepot
09-08-2011 12:32 PM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
It's now or never, ECU! Get it done!
09-19-2011 01:53 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
ECU makes sense going into the SEC much more than a lot of those Northern schools that various message boards have been theorizing for acceptance into the SEC.
ECU into the SEC with Texas A&M.
09-19-2011 02:37 AM
Raleighwood Pirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
If the SEC goes to 16, then I think we may get invited.
09-19-2011 08:05 PM
Raleighwood Pirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
ACC, please expand to 16 teams so that the SEC will do likewise.
09-19-2011 08:17 PM
Colonel161 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Clemson
Exclamation RE: ECU and the SEC
I totally see East Carolina as an SEC team. They fit the perfect model of being an SEC football school with die-hard fans. 04-bow They Set some sort of record last year by averaging more fans per game than any other non-BCS school (more than 10,000 more per game than any other C-USA team). The go to bowl games on the regular. It would give the SEC what it has wanted for years and years...a market prescence in North Carolina. Thats why South Carolina was brought in (while theyve become a solid SEC team, the dipping in to NC markets hasnt worked out as hoped). ECU is already on par with or above Kentucky, Mississippi, Mississippi State and Vandy on the field and in tradition. They would be better than Arkansas & South Carolina when they were taken in. And, now that Texas A&M is coming and since the SEC turned down WVU in the last week. I think ECU would be a great addition to the league. 04-rock I for one would love to see ECU in the SEC.
Looks like Mizzou will be coming as well, so another team to balance out the east would be needed...maybe Penn State? Maybe take another western team like Kansas, TCU, Texas Tech...and Auburn move to the east?
09-23-2011 03:26 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
The SEC has decided to expand to 16 immediately with the additions of Texas A&M and Missouri in the West. And with East Carolina and Old Dominion in the East. East Carolina sneaking in after Villanova turned down their invite from the SEC. The SEC is not closing the door on Villanova though, and will continue to wait for Villanova to join. The SEC however, is still excited about adding the North Carolina and Virginia markets 05-stirthepot
09-23-2011 03:51 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(09-23-2011 03:51 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  The SEC has decided to expand to 16 immediately with the additions of Texas A&M and Missouri in the West. And with East Carolina and Old Dominion in the East. East Carolina sneaking in after Villanova turned down their invite from the SEC. The SEC is not closing the door on Villanova though, and will continue to wait for Villanova to join. The SEC however, is still excited about adding the North Carolina and Virginia markets 05-stirthepot

....and Urban Meyer has decided to become Ole Miss's coach once Nutt is fired in January.
09-23-2011 09:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.