Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Belk Bowl is working with C-USA to get ECU
Bookmark and Share
PirateNation Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
Belk Bowl is working with C-USA to get ECU
should we not make the Liberty Bowl. ECU vs. Duke likely matchup.

"The Belk Bowl is trying to work with The American and C-USA to possibly get ECU to the Belk Bowl at season's end."
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 08:15 PM by PirateNation.)
10-30-2013 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Native Georgian Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tulane, Jags
RE: Belk Bowl is working with C-USA to get ECU
Would Duke try to avoid a bowl game vs. ECU
10-30-2013 07:29 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The American
Where is that quote? I heard the guy on Pirate Radio mention it, and I'd love to have ECU in that game if possible.
10-30-2013 07:29 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(10-30-2013 07:29 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Would Duke try to avoid a bowl game vs. ECU

No, I don't think so.
10-30-2013 07:30 PM

PirateNation Offline
All American

(10-30-2013 07:29 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Would Duke try to avoid a bowl game vs. ECU

Good question. I don't think so. That match-up would be the two best teams in NC against each other in the states best recruiting area. Would be good exposure for both schools.

We haven't played since we beat them in Skip's first game as a Pirate in 2005.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 07:31 PM by PirateNation.)
10-30-2013 07:30 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
(10-30-2013 07:02 PM)PirateNation Wrote:  should we not make the Liberty Bowl. ECU vs. Duke likely matchup.

"The Belk Bowl is trying to work with The American and C-USA to possibly get ECU to the Belk Bowl at season's end."

http://belkbowl.com

A lot of football left to be played but if we do not win the CUSA Championship I would love to have ECU in the Belk Bowl against Duke.

I see no reason why Duke would be opposed to playing ECU in a Bowl game. We have played them fairly regularly over the years. I know they chose not to renew the series after the 2005 season but they were trying to lighten up their OOC scheduling.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 07:38 PM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
10-30-2013 07:36 PM
Attackcoog Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
The first problem the Belk Bowl would have here is their AAC tie. I have a hard time seeing the AAC willingly vacating their 3rd best bowl. I think the Belk is stuck with an AAC team unless they can work a trade that both the partner bowl and the AAC is willing to accept. At that point, the CUSA offices could get involved to see if they can convince one of their own bowls to give up a CUSA team so they can give ECU to the Belk Bowl. I guess its possible, but it is very very unlikely.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 08:13 PM by Attackcoog.)
10-30-2013 08:06 PM

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(10-30-2013 07:36 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  
(10-30-2013 07:02 PM)PirateNation Wrote:  should we not make the Liberty Bowl. ECU vs. Duke likely matchup.

http://belkbowl.com

A lot of football left to be played but if we do not win the CUSA Championship I would love to have ECU in the Belk Bowl against Duke.

I see no reason why Duke would be opposed to playing ECU in a Bowl game. We have played them fairly regularly over the years. I know they chose not to renew the series after the 2005 season but they were trying to lighten up their OOC scheduling.

I didn't see anything on the Bowl's site giving that quote, all I have heard is the aforementioned guy on PR1250's Live@5.
10-30-2013 08:12 PM
PirateNation Offline
All American

I think it could be worked out easily. Maybe switch Belk and Military... send an American team to play an ACC team in Annapolis instead.

I would think it would be best for The American's relationship with the Belk Bowl to have the team that will bring the most fans. We will be in the conference in several months anyways.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 08:20 PM by PirateNation.)
10-30-2013 08:15 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(10-30-2013 08:06 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I have a hard time seeing the AAC vacating their 3rd best bowl. I think the Belk is stuck with an AAC team unless they can work a trade that both the partner bowl and the AAC is willing to accept.

They wouldn't be. We are essentially an AAC team. Everything we do the credit for better or worse is already going to the AAC pretty much just like when Louisville went to the Big East and got to transfer their rankings for BCS credit. You take what you do this year with you.

It would be good for us, it would be good for the Belk Bowl, it would be good for the relationship of the AAC and Belk Bowl. I'm missing your point. Bowls are traded all the time, I'm sure the financials or deals can be worked out and mostly likely the AAC, ECU, CUSA, and the AAC all want us there. This would be a great consolation prize if we didnt' get to Liberty Bowl.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 08:17 PM by StillJonesing.)
10-30-2013 08:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.