Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PHIL CLARK HAS RETIRED
Bookmark and Share
tigercat20 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: memphis tigers
PHIL CLARK HAS RETIRED
Coach Phil Clark announced yesterday his retirement from coaching after 34 years split between skyview, germantown and bartlett. He is high school baseball in this area and anyone that would argue is a little confused. He is a great man that played for the tigers, sent alot of his own players to memphis and his son zach currently coaches for the tigers. He is the stick by which all local baseball coaches are measured and almost every single prominent high school program has a coach that has ties to Coach Clark in some way. I played for him and up until last night coached against him, hes like a second father for me and will be greatly missed in the dugout. So if any of you happen to ever see him at a game and you know him in any way congratulate him on touching so many lives during his time.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013 11:59 AM by Derby.)
09-27-2013 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Joe1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: PHI CLARK HAS RETIRED
(09-27-2013 09:57 AM)tigercat20 Wrote:  Coach Phil Clark announced yesterday his retirement from coaching after 34 years split between skyview, germantown and bartlett. He is high school baseball in this area and anyone that would argue is a little confused. He is a great man that played for the tigers, sent alot of his own players to memphis and his son zach currently coaches for the tigers. He is the stick by which all local baseball coaches are measured and almost every single prominent high school program has a coach that has ties to Coach Clark in some way. I played for him and up until last night coached against him, hes like a second father for me and will be greatly missed in the dugout. So if any of you happen to ever see him at a game and you know him in any way congratulate him on touching so many lives during his time.

I never played for him, mainly because I stink at baseball, I played hoops. however, I had him for a class at Germantown. he was easy to get along with in the classroom, I liked him fine. he did seem like a loud in your face type of guy.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013 10:41 AM by Joe1.)
09-27-2013 10:40 AM
MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
I had him for economics at Bartlett. He would give us our assignment then go outside and smoke and talk baseball on the phone for the rest of the hour.
09-27-2013 10:46 AM
umtiger22 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers & Hogs
He is a great coach. No doubt.
09-27-2013 11:15 AM

Sheldon Cooper Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tigers
A legend no doubt. Wanted the Tiger job years ago. Just think where the program would be now had they hired him instead of Hopkins or Anderson or Rock.
09-27-2013 11:27 AM
Tiger.J Offline
Stay optimistic

I Root For: Memphis
PHIL CLARK HAS RETIRED
Excellent Coach! Wish him well.
09-27-2013 12:32 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: PHIL CLARK HAS RETIRED
(09-27-2013 11:27 AM)Sheldon Cooper Wrote:  A legend no doubt. Wanted the Tiger job years ago. Just think where the program would be now had they hired him instead of Hopkins or Anderson or Rock.

Yeah, that still hisses me off.
09-27-2013 12:57 PM

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(09-27-2013 12:57 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  
(09-27-2013 11:27 AM)Sheldon Cooper Wrote:  A legend no doubt. Wanted the Tiger job years ago. Just think where the program would be now had they hired him instead of Hopkins or Anderson or Rock.

Yeah, that still hisses me off.

I don't think Clark would have been a better choice than Rock. Did he have any experience as a college baseball coach? Would he know the ropes in college recruiting? Rock was assistant head coach at both Georgia and Miss State (not to mention an MLB pitching coach) and has been doing an excellent job here. Beating top programs such as Miss State and Ole Miss who have better facilities and support should bring more credit than he gets on this forum. In my opinion, we have a far better baseball coach than our fans deserve.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013 02:54 PM by Gray Avenger.)
09-27-2013 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
natebshaw09 Offline
Special Teams

Someone care to elaborate on what happened last year while on a baseball trip?
09-27-2013 03:10 PM
grapes Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis/AAC
Bartlett will miss him, go panthers
09-27-2013 03:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati_zps9480552d.png  photo connecticut_zpsb68d2b67.png  photo east_carolina_zpsa65020be.png  photo houston_zps11e4d10c.png  photo memphis_zps0fa8713b.png  photo navy_zpsd0ae7ad3.png  photo smu_zps73d3cd0d.png  photo temple_zpsa362ff56.png  photo tulane_zps1023bc48.png  photo tulsa_zps61b051fb.png  photo ucf_zps3426b631.png  photo usf_zpsd5b72f21.png

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.