OT: Calling Out Bama's "Good Ole Gal" Sororities
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: OT: Calling Out Bama's "Good Ole Gal" Sororities
(09-18-2013 09:59 AM)UAB?IAB Wrote:  
(09-18-2013 07:43 AM)dfarr Wrote:  
(09-18-2013 07:25 AM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  Why didn't the BOT step in and put an end to segregation of sororities years ago? Hmm?

What were they supposed to do? Say "you guys give the 1 black girl who rushes every 10 years a bid or else?"

Also, should they pass a rule forcing them to give bids to the bigger girls? I guarantee you that there were more fat girls who didn't get bids than there were black girls who didn't get bids.

1. If it were only one 1 black girl every 10 years she still shouldn't be denied based on the color of her skin.

2. You do realize that it was the sororities that wanted this segregation to end.

3. You statements seem to have racist overtones. If you want a private club then disassociate with any public institution and don't accept public funds. You seem to want to divert the attention from the issue at hand.

4. What is wrong with doing the right thing?

I agree that she shouldn't be denied based on her skin color. Never said she should have been. From all accounts she was an ideal candidate. If the actives wanted to give her a bid, they should have given her a bid and told the alumni to shove it. Our alumni had zero say in our bidding process. I've never understood why sororities let people who aren't in college have such control.

My whole issue is the possibility of there being a drastic over correction where essentially the chapters aren't allowed to vote on members without university approval.

Do Greeks actually get public funds? I know we didn't get jack from UAB back in my day.
09-18-2013 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Calling Out Bama's "Good Ole Gal" Sororities - dfarr - 09-18-2013 07:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.