Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rice bus trip to, and pre-game party in, College Station
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
Rice bus trip to, and pre-game party in, College Station
Rice Bus Trip official details:

Quote:Rice Athletics is coordinating buses to take our fans up to College Station for the day. The buses will depart from the front of Rice Stadium at 7:30 a.m. so that we can arrive in time for the pre-game tailgate hosted by the Alumni office, and will head back to Houston immediately after the game ends. The cost per person is $40. To reserve your seat on the bus please contact me, Ashley McKenney, at 713-348-6922. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you, along with details about parking in the Rice lots well in advance of the game. Please, Rice fans only.
(emphasis added)

Thanks to Rice Athletics for organizing this!

Rice Pre-Game Party official details

Register online here:
https://online.alumni.rice.edu/default.a...entID=1740

Quote:Texas A&M Football Tailgate
Date: Saturday, August 31, 2013
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Join Rice alumni, students, family, friends, and fans as the Rice Owls take on the Texas A&M Aggies with a Pre-Game Tailgate at Simpson Drill Field, located on Lamar Street across from Cain Hall.

After the tailgate, take a short walk to Kyle Field for kick-off at 12:00 p.m.!

MEAL TICKETS are $20 per person and $10 for children age 15 and under. Please register online if you plan to attend, for catering purposes it is very important that we know the number of attendees. Assorted breakfast items including kolaches, pastries, bagels, and fruit as well as bloody marys, mimosas, and beer will be served.

GAME TICKETS are available by calling 713-522-OWLS (6957). Football gameday parking & shuttle information and map can be found online, please see the links below.

Football gameday parking & shuttle information

Football gameday parking map

Registration Deadline: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:55 p.m. (CST)

Thanks to Rice Alumni Affairs for organizing this!
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 02:36 PM by georgewebb.)
08-01-2013 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

RE: Rice bus trip to, and pre-game party in, College Station
Bump: bus trip info added!
Go Owls!
08-06-2013 02:37 PM
smackdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice Owls
Is it true Manziel will be at the tailgate signing autographs?
08-06-2013 03:29 PM
Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-06-2013 03:29 PM)smackdaddy Wrote:  Is it true Manziel will be at the tailgate signing autographs?

For a not so small fee.05-stirthepot
08-06-2013 03:34 PM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

Sign up for these! I am especially excited about the bus trip -- not because the drive to College Station is arduous, but because the ability to not have to worry about driving and especially parking is very appealing.
Remember: Rice fans only. This is not a transit service for those in maroon.

For the bus trip, sign up by calling Ashley McKenney in Athletics at 713-348-6922.

For the pre-game party, sign up here:

Many thanks to the Rice staff for organizing these, and Go Owls!

08-10-2013 03:26 PM
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

Just talked with the Rice staff this morning: one bus is sold out, and the second is filling. Call 713-348-6922 to sign up!
08-16-2013 10:05 PM
ETx Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-16-2013 10:05 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  Just talked with the Rice staff this morning: one bus is sold out, and the second is filling. Call 713-348-6922 to sign up!

Already beats number of Kansas fans who came to A&M two years ago. And most of theirs were parents of players from Houston area.
08-17-2013 09:04 AM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

(08-01-2013 03:59 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  Rice Bus Trip official details:

Quote:Rice Athletics is coordinating buses to take our fans up to College Station for the day. The buses will depart from the front of Rice Stadium at 7:30 a.m. so that we can arrive in time for the pre-game tailgate hosted by the Alumni office, and will head back to Houston immediately after the game ends. The cost per person is $40. To reserve your seat on the bus please contact me, Ashley McKenney, at 713-348-6922. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you, along with details about parking in the Rice lots well in advance of the game. Please, Rice fans only.
(emphasis added)

Thanks to Rice Athletics for organizing this!

Rice Pre-Game Party official details

Register online here:

Quote:Texas A&M Football Tailgate
Date: Saturday, August 31, 2013
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Join Rice alumni, students, family, friends, and fans as the Rice Owls take on the Texas A&M Aggies with a Pre-Game Tailgate at Simpson Drill Field, located on Lamar Street across from Cain Hall.

After the tailgate, take a short walk to Kyle Field for kick-off at 12:00 p.m.!

MEAL TICKETS are $20 per person and $10 for children age 15 and under. Please register online if you plan to attend, for catering purposes it is very important that we know the number of attendees. Assorted breakfast items including kolaches, pastries, bagels, and fruit as well as bloody marys, mimosas, and beer will be served.

GAME TICKETS are available by calling 713-522-OWLS (6957). Football gameday parking & shuttle information and map can be found online, please see the links below.

Football gameday parking & shuttle information

Football gameday parking map

Registration Deadline: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:55 p.m. (CST)

Thanks to Rice Alumni Affairs for organizing this!

Bump -- don't forget to sign up!!!
08-25-2013 03:50 PM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

Two updates:

Rice pre-game and during-game party

Rice pre-game party is ALSO a during-game party -- i.e. a watch party, as stated in this official email yesterday from the Alumni Office:

Quote:The Association of Rice Alumni tailgate tent will be located on Simpson Drill Field in one of the large tents
The tent will have two 42” flat screen TVs and we welcome our guests to remain in the tent to watch the game.

Food and drinks will be served 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Association of Rice Alumni tent. We welcome our guests to remain in the tent after kickoff to watch the game or return to the tent after the game so please feel free to bring your own snacks, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages for that time. In addition, food will be available to purchase outside the north end of the stadium. The tent will remain open until two hours post game.
(emphasis added). Online registration is closed but you can pay at the tent.

Buses almost sold out -- but not quite!

There is still room on the Rice bus(es) to College Station! Call Ashley McKenney, Development Events Coordinator for Athletics, 713-348-6922. For reference, it turns out that the cost of parking at A&M on game day is similar to the cost of the bus ride.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013 09:51 AM by georgewebb.)
08-30-2013 09:49 AM
Advertisement

75src Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
(08-30-2013 09:49 AM)georgewebb Wrote:  Two updates:

I thought the parking lots for football games at A&M were reserved anyway, so it usually comes down to finding parking on a street far away from the stadium.

Rice pre-game party is ALSO a during-game party -- i.e. a watch party, as stated in this official email yesterday from the Alumni Office:

Quote:The Association of Rice Alumni tailgate tent will be located on Simpson Drill Field in one of the large tents
The tent will have two 42” flat screen TVs and we welcome our guests to remain in the tent to watch the game.

Food and drinks will be served 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Association of Rice Alumni tent. We welcome our guests to remain in the tent after kickoff to watch the game or return to the tent after the game so please feel free to bring your own snacks, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages for that time. In addition, food will be available to purchase outside the north end of the stadium. The tent will remain open until two hours post game.

Buses almost sold out -- but not quite!

There is still room on the Rice bus(es) to College Station! Call Ashley McKenney, Development Events Coordinator for Athletics, 713-348-6922. For reference, it turns out that the cost of parking at A&M on game day is similar to the cost of the bus ride.
08-30-2013 11:15 AM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

Additional update re the bus trip:
It is my understanding that, while the buses will provide a certain amount of food and drink for the morning journey, they are not exactly dining cars or bars-on-wheels. Thus, if you are a particularly thirsty or hungry traveler, you are welcome to take you own provisions (which you can stow safely on the buses during the game if you wish).
08-30-2013 11:25 AM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
(08-30-2013 09:49 AM)georgewebb Wrote:  Two updates:

So if the Owls are winning going away in the fourth quarter, and it gets hot in the stands, we can retreat to the Alumni Tent?
08-30-2013 01:09 PM
texd Offline
Weirdly (but seductively) meaty

I Root For: acorns & such

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(08-30-2013 11:25 AM)georgewebb Wrote:  you are welcome to take you own provisions (which you can stow safely on the buses during the game if you wish).

Of course they'll be safe on the bus. It's not like we're playing at Tech.
08-30-2013 03:49 PM
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

(08-30-2013 03:49 PM)texd Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 11:25 AM)georgewebb Wrote:  you are welcome to take you own provisions (which you can stow safely on the buses during the game if you wish).

Of course they'll be safe on the bus. It's not like we're playing at Tech.

What I really meant was that the buses going home will be the same buses that brought us there. That isn't always the case (at least, it wasn't always the case on other group trips I've been on), which is why I made a point to ask.
08-30-2013 04:07 PM
texd Offline
Weirdly (but seductively) meaty

I Root For: acorns & such

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
I figured you meant that. I just wanted to get a dig in at Tech (whose high-paced offense currently leads SMU in the anticipated shootout 6-3).
08-30-2013 08:06 PM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I would like to extend very public praise to Ashley McKenney, Development Events Coordinator for Athletics, and her colleagues for organizing a very enjoyable bus trip, and to the entire Alumni Affairs team for the very popular pre-game party. It was a wonderfully fun day to be a Rice fan, and these folks made it not just fun, but effortless as well!
09-01-2013 12:57 PM
RiceDad Offline
1st String

I Root For:
DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-01-2013 12:57 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  I would like to extend very public praise to Ashley McKenney, Development Events Coordinator for Athletics, and her colleagues for organizing a very enjoyable bus trip, and to the entire Alumni Affairs team for the very popular pre-game party. It was a wonderfully fun day to be a Rice fan, and these folks made it not just fun, but effortless as well!

+1
09-01-2013 02:58 PM
Advertisement

Grungy Offline

New Orleans Bowl
Wish we could have found the tent before the game to play the Fight Song for you.
09-01-2013 03:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
S.A. Owl Offline
1st String

I'd be interested to know whether any Parliamentarians are in this Rice video. (Also has some good game highlights.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feTy28HgNo8
09-01-2013 06:43 PM
Grungy Offline

New Orleans Bowl
(09-01-2013 06:43 PM)S.A. Owl Wrote:  I'd be interested to know whether any Parliamentarians are in this Rice video. (Also has some good game highlights.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feTy28HgNo8

Me, Chuck, a brief glimpse of George.
09-01-2013 06:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.