Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HELP ME UNDERSTAND SOMETHING BOISE AND SDSU
FUB Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis tigers
HELP ME UNDERSTAND SOMETHING BOISE AND SDSU
Ok help me get this straight , you want Fresno but Fresno does not want to come to the BIG EAST. I completely agree that we need three teams out west for balance so who should it be . I have started to grow fond of the idea of New Mexico and either UNLV or Colorado ST. We should obviously try for BYU but I just do not see it happening now. Everything I see from Fresno posters is how they have no desire to associate with the BIG EAST so why do you keep bringing them up. Who are the schools out there that you want . It is time to fish or cut bait with this sh!t
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 01:47 PM by FUB.)
12-06-2012 08:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

carylee2002 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: FRESNO STATE
RE: HELP ME UNDERSTAND SOMETHING BOSIE AND SDSU
First of all...UNLV won't break up their olys into 2 leagues,plus their joined at the hip with Nevada. And CSU and NM won't breakup their rivalries with Wyoming and AF..so thats that. Only other teams will be SJSU and Utah St. but they are joining the MWC. So you would look into Idaho, NMSU and BYU. Hawaii won't do it because of subsidies. The best thing is to grab Tulsa/Rice/UTEP..that will make SMU and Houston happy and at least make it easier for SDSU and BSU for travel.
12-06-2012 08:39 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(12-06-2012 08:39 PM)carylee2002 Wrote:  First of all...UNLV won't break up their olys into 2 leagues,plus their joined at the hip with Nevada. And CSU and NM won't breakup their rivalries with Wyoming and AF..so thats that. Only other teams will be SJSU and Utah St. but they are joining the MWC. So you would look into Idaho, NMSU and BYU. Hawaii won't do it because of subsidies. The best thing is to grab Tulsa/Rice/UTEP..that will make SMU and Houston happy and at least make it easier for SDSU and BSU for travel.

LMAO
12-06-2012 08:45 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
Who ever said Fresno doesn't want in? They still jump at the first chance to join this league.
12-06-2012 08:46 PM
k5james Offline
1st String

I Root For: SDSU
Lol, it's a few butthurt CSU Fresno fans that don't want to to to the BE.

Their administration would join the minute they are offered.
12-06-2012 08:47 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(12-06-2012 08:39 PM)carylee2002 Wrote:  First of all...UNLV won't break up their olys into 2 leagues,plus their joined at the hip with Nevada. And CSU and NM won't breakup their rivalries with Wyoming and AF..so thats that. Only other teams will be SJSU and Utah St. but they are joining the MWC. So you would look into Idaho, NMSU and BYU. Hawaii won't do it because of subsidies. The best thing is to grab Tulsa/Rice/UTEP..that will make SMU and Houston happy and at least make it easier for SDSU and BSU for travel.

This is hysterical. Yeah, no one is looking to leave the MWC. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
12-06-2012 08:48 PM
Advertisement

Road Apple Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
Don't kid yourself about Fresno State. If they get the invite they'll come in a heart beat and most of the Fresno fans would be glad to stay with their peers and rivals, SDSU and Boise State. You can't blame them for trying to save face after being passed over for lesser teams. Fresno is also the one school the Big West Conference wants to add for oly sports and the one school they value above the others. It would easily be the easiest and most logical school to add for football only, and one of the most colorful and in the west in spirt and rivalry.

Scratch Colorado State, and probably New Mexico, but you never know. Aresco and company may push for even SJSU because of the media market, but no one watches the Spartans. And after we added Tulane, I worry about that.
12-06-2012 08:49 PM
BkGold Offline
2nd String

I Root For: SouthernMiss
(12-06-2012 08:48 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  

This is hysterical. Yeah, no one is looking to leave the MWC. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You really don't have much to do, do you......
12-06-2012 09:27 PM
Stookey57 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UConn, BC
i think it will be the university of cal at fresno.....
12-06-2012 09:28 PM
EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

I Root For: Boise St.

Unlv is not tied 2 Nevada this is the first year they have been in a conference together I think or were they in the big west together for a year?
12-06-2012 09:54 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU

Grabbing those schools will not make SMU happy. Two of those schools are the reason SMU is leaving. Our President repeatedly admits his desire to be in the same echelon as Rice academically but not athletically
12-06-2012 09:59 PM
Advertisement

fresnostatebulldogfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Fresno State
(12-06-2012 08:47 PM)k5james Wrote:  Lol, it's a few butthurt CSU Fresno fans that don't want to to to the BE.

Butt hurt this 52-40!!!
12-06-2012 10:06 PM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(12-06-2012 08:48 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  [quote='carylee2002' pid='8660471' dateline='1354844399']
First of all...UNLV won't break up their olys into 2 leagues,plus their joined at the hip with Nevada. And CSU and NM won't breakup their rivalries with Wyoming and AF..so thats that. Only other teams will be SJSU and Utah St. but they are joining the MWC. So you would look into Idaho, NMSU and BYU. Hawaii won't do it because of subsidies. The best thing is to grab Tulsa/Rice/UTEP..that will make SMU and Houston happy and at least make it easier for SDSU and BSU for travel.

This is hysterical. Yeah, no one is looking to leave the MWC.

Can you say bsu and sdsu.....how soon do one forget.
12-06-2012 10:25 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(12-06-2012 10:06 PM)fresnostatebulldogfan Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 08:47 PM)k5james Wrote:  Lol, it's a few butthurt CSU Fresno fans that don't want to to to the BE.

Butt hurt this 52-40!!!

see, you guys are naturals for the BE...already have great rivalries here...
12-06-2012 10:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
monty Offline

I Root For: SDSU
(12-06-2012 08:46 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  Who ever said Fresno doesn't want in? They still jump at the first chance to join this league.

/thread
12-06-2012 10:50 PM
BoiseAlum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Boise
I'm not sure I fully understand Fresno fans disdain for the BE, but I'm confident that that does not reflect what the Fresno admin would do. For me personally, I love our rivalry with Fresno. It's the one from past conferences that I would love to keep going!
12-06-2012 10:57 PM
Advertisement

Boise fan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
If Aresco adds UNLV as a FB only member (remember, that's what's been released - a western FB only add), then I will lose ALL confidence in him. That would weaken the western FB division to the point it wouldn't be worth staying.

So all you Vegas lovers out there - get a clue. No one cares how UNLV's Oly sports might help some other conference. This is about the BE. UNLV FB would be a disaster to the BE. If you thought others laughed about the Tulane add....
12-06-2012 11:06 PM
Ned Low Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
(12-06-2012 08:49 PM)Road Apple Wrote:  Don't kid yourself about Fresno State. If they get the invite they'll come in a heart beat and most of the Fresno fans would be glad to stay with their peers and rivals, SDSU and Boise State. You can't blame them for trying to save face after being passed over for lesser teams. Fresno is also the one school the Big West Conference wants to add for oly sports and the one school they value above the others. It would easily be the easiest and most logical school to add for football only, and one of the most colorful and in the west in spirt and rivalry.

Scratch Colorado State, and probably New Mexico, but you never know. Aresco and company may push for even SJSU because of the media market, but no one watches the Spartans. And after we added Tulane, I worry about that.

Honest question since I do not know: is SJSU an undesirable target? It would seem that if we could add both them and Fresno State, along with either BYU or maybe UNLV it would be optimal.

Having SJSU and Fresno not only brings in more "markets", it also helps Boise State and SDSU recruiting. Correct?
12-06-2012 11:23 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(12-06-2012 10:25 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 08:48 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  [quote='carylee2002' pid='8660471' dateline='1354844399']

This is hysterical. Yeah, no one is looking to leave the MWC.

Can you say bsu and sdsu.....how soon do one forget.

You quoted the wrong guy.
12-06-2012 11:28 PM
johnbragg Online
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
(12-06-2012 09:59 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  

Grabbing those schools will not make SMU happy. Two of those schools are the reason SMU is leaving. Our President repeatedly admits his desire to be in the same echelon as Rice academically but not athletically

Where does Tulane fit in that particular constellation, anyway? Tulane in the Big East is sort of SMU in the Big East on steroids.

SMU had the NCAA death penalty, Tulane shut down their basketball team for a couple of years over a point shaving scandal.
SMU was a power in the Southwest Conference, Tulane was an SEC doormat once upon a time.
SMU gets us that big DFW market, Tulane gets us into New Orleans.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 11:31 PM by johnbragg.)
12-06-2012 11:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.