Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ND non-fb member of ACC, 50mm exit fee in effect immediately (Merged)
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
Just a heads up- I'm hearing that ND has accepted oly sports membership to ACC
This will be a good thing in the long run for the Big East. The schools left are now all the schools that want to be there.
09-10-2012 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
RE: Just a heads up- I'm hearing that ND has accepted oly sports membership to ACC
sources...sources....sources...
09-10-2012 03:56 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Just a heads up- I'm hearing that ND has accepted oly sports membership to ACC
Where did you hear this? The West Virgina Scout forum?
09-10-2012 03:56 PM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
(09-10-2012 03:54 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  This will be a good thing in the long run for the Big East. The schools left are now all the schools that want to be there.

Uhhh, ok....
09-10-2012 04:00 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Not. Buying. This.
09-10-2012 04:07 PM
JunkYardCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
Dickie V tweet
09-10-2012 04:11 PM
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
Nothing from any ND source.
09-10-2012 04:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
Dickie V tweeted it earlier today from "ACC Sources". In all honesty thats a pretty decent source

Dickie V twitter
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 04:16 PM by OldGoldnBlue.)
09-10-2012 04:15 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(09-10-2012 04:13 PM)TerryD Wrote:  Nothing from any ND source.

I just scanned ND message boards myself... Zippo on this one...
09-10-2012 04:15 PM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
(09-10-2012 04:15 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 04:13 PM)TerryD Wrote:  Nothing from any ND source.

I just scanned ND message boards myself... Zippo on this one...

Just linked it
09-10-2012 04:16 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-10-2012 04:15 PM)OldGoldnBlue Wrote:  Dickie V tweeted it earlier today from "ACC Sources". In all honesty thats a pretty decent source

Dickie V twitter

He did not.

http://twitter.com/DickieV
09-10-2012 04:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

He tweeted this two days ago:

8 Sep Dick Vitale Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV

ACC source says ND could say YES to ACC -if football agrees to play 5/6 games in football vs ACC schools yearly! ND remains Quasi indep.
JunkYardCard Offline
1st String

Terry, I totally understand ND's motivation for indy football. But wouldn't having all other sports in the ACC be worth 6 games? Pitt, Cuse, Miami, and BC are already there and they are regular opponents. Would four games against GT, VT, UNC, MD, UVA, etc. really be that painful? Seems like a better deal for ND than for the ACC.
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
um ok... still calling bullsh*t... but

https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/244432963557789697

ACC source says ND could say YES to ACC -if football agrees to play 5/6 games in football vs ACC schools yearly! ND remains Quasi indep

Still doesn't mean anything.
09-10-2012 04:18 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

"According to ACC sources" (not ND ones)..."Could say yes"...."If".......
09-10-2012 04:18 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(09-10-2012 04:18 PM)TerryD Wrote:  "According to ACC sources" (not ND ones)..."Could say yes"...."If".......

key word.... COULD...
09-10-2012 04:19 PM
Advertisement

dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
According to UL sources we could say yes to the SEC if they invite us to the conference
09-10-2012 04:20 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-10-2012 04:17 PM)JunkYardCard Wrote:  Terry, I totally understand ND's motivation for indy football. But wouldn't having all other sports in the ACC be worth 6 games? Pitt, Cuse, Miami, and BC are already there and they are regular opponents. Would four games against GT, VT, UNC, MD, UVA, etc. really be that painful? Seems like a better deal for ND than for the ACC.

Just my opinion, but it is not worth "straightjacketing" half the football schedule and tying it to one conference.

It is one thing to play 3 games against one conference or another.

It is quite different to mandate that ND play half its schedule every year with one conference.

Hell, what is the point of being "independent" then?

I hope to hell ND doesn't sell its soul to the devil here.
09-10-2012 04:21 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I don't think ND would ever agree to that. The most they have ever played vs new ACC is 4, and the average is closer to like 2.6 the last 15 years. Considering they have 3 Big Ten games, 2 Pac 12 games, and Navy, that would be their entire schedule. Thinking there isn't a shot of them agreeing to that at all.
09-10-2012 04:23 PM
JunkYardCard Offline
1st String

(09-10-2012 04:21 PM)TerryD Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 04:17 PM)JunkYardCard Wrote:  Terry, I totally understand ND's motivation for indy football. But wouldn't having all other sports in the ACC be worth 6 games? Pitt, Cuse, Miami, and BC are already there and they are regular opponents. Would four games against GT, VT, UNC, MD, UVA, etc. really be that painful? Seems like a better deal for ND than for the ACC.

Just my opinion, but it is not worth "straightjacketing" half the football schedule and tying it to one conference.

It is one thing to play 3 games against one conference or another.

It is quite different to mandate that ND play half its schedule every year with one conference.

Hell, what is the point of being "independent" then?

I hope to hell ND doesn't sell its soul to the devil here.

My thinking is that ND could easily end up playing three ACC teams pretty much every year forever just in the normal course of business. ND plays BC, Miami, Pitt and Cuse no matter what conference they are in. And think they's surely be willing to play GT, UVa and MD as well.

So you are basically just talking about trading three football games to provide a far superior home for Olympic and non-revenue sports. To me, the ACC is giving up way more than ND is giving up in that situation. So one thing is for sure, if ND thinks like you, and the ACC thinks like me, there is no way this EVER happens.
09-10-2012 04:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.