Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will Memphis be able to handle BE football?
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Will Memphis be able to handle BE football?
(05-24-2012 09:19 AM)miko33 Wrote:  What are your thoughts?

I think you need better bait when you go fishing.
05-28-2012 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-24-2012 09:19 AM)miko33 Wrote:  A little change up to discuss recent conference move instead of chasing down the wild rumors floating around in the blogoshpere.

The history of Memphis football is pretty bad. There's no way to sugar coat this. Now Memphis is going up the ladder to compete against better competition. How will Memphis cope? Will they see recruiting advantages now that they are in the BE? I like Memphis but I'm skeptical that their FB prowess will get better once they are in the BE. Time will tell, but I think Memphis was a BB add to pacify Georgetown, Villanova, etc.

I think it's easy for everyone to come up with new configurations for conference alighments. But what about discussions on how the recent conference moves will pan out? I think this is also a good discussion that is being overlooked at the moment.

What are your thoughts?

[Image: fishing11.gif]

[img][Image: davidbowie.gif][/img]
05-28-2012 11:23 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
I know a number of the Memphis fans may feel hurt and/or saddened by this thread. Believe me, I'm one of the biggest Memphis fans out there. However, I do have concerns that Memphis will have a lot of trouble in a better FB conference. Just my take.
05-31-2012 06:03 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
(05-24-2012 09:47 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(05-24-2012 09:44 AM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  Not really sure why there is an attack on Memphis here. Duke has not competed in football for years and before RGIII Baylor was a constant basement team. Look at Indiana. Why not attack them. Then again, those are not Big East teams so there is no reason to attack them.

Its a legitimate question. Besides, we know Duke won't compete until they stumble on another Steve Spurrier (who led them to their last ACC title in 89).

Might want to check your history, the split the title 94.
06-20-2012 01:41 AM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

(05-31-2012 06:03 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Believe me, I'm one of the biggest Memphis fans out there.

[Image: aqualung8705-204100-albums-my-pictures-p...-meter.gif]
06-20-2012 05:31 AM
Vewb1 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
I think Memphis will be fine. IT may be rough the first couple of years, but I know they have experienced an upswing in recruiting. Also, Memphis has great high school football, so that will help them. Third, my family and I went to the Liberty Bowl last year. IT was great. Memphis is a great city. We have been to five bowls in the last six years and the Liberty and Memphis was by far the best bowl. Cincinnati has played Memphis for years in football and basketball. I look forward to that continuing. The stronger the Big East teams, the more consideration we all receive during bowl selection.
07-01-2012 09:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.