Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Benson Likes Sun Belt's Position
Bookmark and Share
techdawg88 Online
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Benson Likes Sun Belt's Position
Where is everyone getting ODU from? I have yet to see any reports about the Alliance or Sun Belt ever mentioning them as a possible candidate
04-07-2012 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Glassonion Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: AppState
ODU is getting noticed because they are in a large market (Norfolk Va.), which is also a fertile recruiting ground, and since starting football 3 years ago, have averaged 20,000 per game for three years, have had three winning seasons, and even made it to the FCS playoffs last year. Theyve already stated that FBS was their goal.

ODU is on the radar of CUSA without a doubt. How far down the list, I dont know, but they got as much potential as anyone.

They've also sold over 14,000 season tickets, and have a waiting list of 1700.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 10:04 PM by Glassonion.)
04-07-2012 10:01 PM
Mgt2j Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(04-07-2012 08:54 PM)panama Wrote:  Jax State was the most enjoyable away game I have ever been to. They earn their moniker of friendliest campus in the South. As for Liberty I cannot imagine wanting to go there for anything. I guess Jerry Fallwell wants to make them the Baptist BYU/Notre Dame. Being that the SBC is a confernece of large national research universities, I don't see Liberty happening. Presidents tend to like other Presidents like themselves (see ECU still not in Big East).

Doubt Jerry Falwell wants this, sense he has been dead for like 5 years!!
04-07-2012 10:40 PM
panama Offline
Angry Panther Terrorist This Week

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(04-07-2012 10:40 PM)Mgt2j Wrote:  
(04-07-2012 08:54 PM)panama Wrote:  Jax State was the most enjoyable away game I have ever been to. They earn their moniker of friendliest campus in the South. As for Liberty I cannot imagine wanting to go there for anything. I guess Jerry Fallwell wants to make them the Baptist BYU/Notre Dame. Being that the SBC is a confernece of large national research universities, I don't see Liberty happening. Presidents tend to like other Presidents like themselves (see ECU still not in Big East).

Doubt Jerry Falwell wants this, sense he has been dead for like 5 years!!
There is that. 03-razz
04-07-2012 10:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(04-07-2012 04:58 PM)panama Wrote:  Now to get FIU and UNT to stay...05-stirthepot

Ain't... gonna... happen. They are as good as GONE-ZO. Not gonna explain myself -- just wait and see if I'm right. Unfortunately 01-lauramac2
04-08-2012 03:10 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: Troy, UA, AAMU
Jax St isn't going to be a Sun Belt member while Troy, South, and Middle to a lesser extent have a say on the matter. I don't just not want to be associated with them but people Alabama has a three million population and five D1 schools. Moving them up would simply mean Troy and South would stop developing and have to resort to even more junior college players.
04-08-2012 07:51 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: Troy, UA, AAMU
(04-07-2012 09:48 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Where is everyone getting ODU from? I have yet to see any reports about the Alliance or Sun Belt ever mentioning them as a possible candidate

I'm with you on this. I'm not even convinced that ODU even wants to move up because I never heard of them until I saw Marshall and ECU fans constantly bringing them up.

I still have yet to hear anything from their AD on any media outlet about moving up.
04-08-2012 07:53 AM
techdawg88 Online
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(04-08-2012 07:53 AM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(04-07-2012 09:48 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Where is everyone getting ODU from? I have yet to see any reports about the Alliance or Sun Belt ever mentioning them as a possible candidate

I'm with you on this. I'm not even convinced that ODU even wants to move up because I never heard of them until I saw Marshall and ECU fans constantly bringing them up.

I still have yet to hear anything from their AD on any media outlet about moving up.

I've heard of Old Dominion because they used to be big time in women's basketball (like LaTech) and were a main rival for our women's team
04-08-2012 08:08 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
ODU would be a very good get for the Sunbelt if that (market) is what we are going for.
04-08-2012 08:27 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(04-08-2012 07:53 AM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  

Their AD is none other than Wood Selig and their baseball
Coach is Finwood
04-08-2012 08:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.