Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Top Local Mens Basketball Players UT
UT1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Top Local Mens Basketball Players UT
(04-05-2012 08:57 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  
(04-05-2012 07:35 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(04-05-2012 07:19 AM)toledo1 Wrote:  Those names bring back the memories, Wasnt there a 7'0 footer that played at UT, my Dad would talk about him, perhaps in the 60's?

Doug Hess. The only 7' player in UT history. Don't think he was a Toledo HS product, though.

He was not from Toledo area HS. Dale Geistler was - and he had a great game against Bob Lanier one year. We could put "the footer" and Geistler in the game and have 7'0" and 6'9" on the front line in 1970.

My favorite Doug Hess memory is when he committed a foul and as he was walking to take his spot along the key for the foul shot, the ref told him to raise his hand to signal the foul was on him. He did - and promptly got his hand tangled in the net.

Doug Hess's nickname (ala Jerry Keil) "The Footer". Dale Geistler's nickname (ala Jerry Keil) "Goose".
04-05-2012 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top Local Mens Basketball Players UT - UT1 - 04-05-2012 09:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.