Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBR: Wow
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
NBR: Wow
http://www.rantsports.com/redzonetalk/20...rlic-test/

Colin Cowherd said an NFL source once told him you would basically have to be illiterate to score a 4 on the Wonderlic. This is the stuff the NCAA should look into, rather than looking at Boise State giving guys $20 worth of food or something.
04-03-2012 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: NBR: Wow
I'm pretty sure Roddy made a four.
04-03-2012 10:43 AM
Blazer on the southside Offline
Special Teams

To score that low he probably got stuck on an early question and spent way too much time trying to figure it out rather than skipping it and moving on. He would have done better if he would have just randomly picked answers for all 50 questions. His agent shares a great deal of blame for this for not having him prepared.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 11:01 AM by Blazer on the southside.)
04-03-2012 10:57 AM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
I think he scored a 17.
04-03-2012 10:58 AM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(04-03-2012 10:57 AM)Blazer on the southside Wrote:  To score that low he probably got stuck on an early question and spent way too much time trying to figure it out rather than skipping it and move on. He would have done better if he would have just randomly picked answers for all 50 questions. His agent shares a great deal of blame for this for not having him prepared.

How much preparation do you really need for this?

http://walterfootball.com/draftwonderlic.php
04-03-2012 11:00 AM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:Charlie Wonderlic Jr., president of Wonderlic Inc., says, "A score of 10 is literacy, that's about all we can say."

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228.html

Article makes it seem like a 4 isn't necessarily that rare, though.
04-03-2012 11:01 AM
Advertisement

Blazer on the southside Offline
Special Teams

(04-03-2012 11:00 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  How much preparation do you really need for this?

The average person scores around a 20. That is a sample of the easier questions on the test. There are much more difficult questions. BTW, I didn't mean the agent should have prepared him to answer the questions (not time for that). I mean the agent should have better prepared him for basic test taking strategies (such as skipping tough questions and going back to them if there is time).
04-03-2012 11:05 AM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(04-03-2012 11:05 AM)Blazer on the southside Wrote:  
(04-03-2012 11:00 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  How much preparation do you really need for this?

The average person scores around a 20. That is a sample of the easier questions on the test. There are much more difficult questions. BTW, I didn't mean the agent should have prepared him to answer the questions (not time for that). I mean the agent should have better prepared him for basic test taking strategies (such as skipping tough questions and going back to them if there is time).

Or stuff that your should have learned in high school perhaps? My point is if these guys are scoring that poorly on a simple test, then how did they maintain a passing GPA in college?
04-03-2012 11:56 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

The same way Kentucky somehow ends up with these type students in college - look the other way & "make sure they pass".
04-03-2012 12:00 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Another question:
When the FB bowls or, for BB the NCAA Tourney, ends and the players "prepare" for the draft and miss months of schoolwork, how does the university not suffer APR penalties when the players flunk out (or do they). I know a university is not punished when a player leaves to pursue a pro career, but I think he still has to be in good academic standing. There have been numerous cases of an athlete completing a bowl game or tourney and literally NEVER returning to the college campus. How does the player's grades and the teams APR not be affected?
04-03-2012 12:23 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
Remember, a lot of these guys don't care about their Wonderlic Test score. Answering C on every question probably gets you a 4.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 12:33 PM by BlazerPhil.)
04-03-2012 12:26 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Interesting question. Can a player "in good standing" just withdraw from the class or are they required to complete the class?

If they are required to complete the class, then can they "complete the class" without having to attend the class?

Also, how come a lot of these Seniors who have used up all of their eligibility aren't anywhere close to getting a degree in anything? Wouldn't it be to their advantage to complete the degree?
04-03-2012 12:29 PM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
If you don't get at least a 10 - You are stupid. Period. No excuses.
04-03-2012 12:33 PM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(04-03-2012 12:33 PM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  If you don't get at least a 10 - You are stupid. Period. No excuses.

I agree. That is getting 5 questions right(out of 50), and some of those questions can be answered in 15-20 seconds max.
04-03-2012 12:50 PM
jaxon Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-03-2012 12:29 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Interesting question. Can a player "in good standing" just withdraw from the class or are they required to complete the class?

If they are required to complete the class, then can they "complete the class" without having to attend the class?

Also, how come a lot of these Seniors who have used up all of their eligibility aren't anywhere close to getting a degree in anything? Wouldn't it be to their advantage to complete the degree?

Depends on the individual. There are quite a few people that end up with jobs in a field unrelated to their degree.
04-03-2012 12:57 PM
stc Offline
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

I Root For: UAB!!!
I understand why the test is there but whoever leaked this information should be fired. It is sad to me that a young athlete will be made into a punchline by this.
04-03-2012 12:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tree Missile Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Trees
Claiborne has a learning disability and made extensive use of disability services at LSU to help him pass his classes. Please do your research before insulting a kid who's busted his ass to overcome a disability.
04-03-2012 01:02 PM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

(04-03-2012 12:58 PM)stc Wrote:  I understand why the test is there but whoever leaked this information should be fired. It is sad to me that a young athlete will be made into a punchline by this.

I think that there are various "forms" of intelligence and physical/spatial intelligence (being athletic) is certainly one of those forms but...
These are not hard questions. Someone having attended college for 2+ years (and presumably high school) should be able to answer >5 correctly in 12 minutes.
That being said, I agree about not wanting anyone to be a punchline.
The real tragedy is that all the Little league coaches, HS coaches, college coaches, teachers, PARENTS, FRIENDS, let him (and many others) get the level of being a NFL Darft pick without having what my Granddaddy called "Walking Around Sense".
That is basically what these questions amount to.
04-03-2012 01:06 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

(04-03-2012 12:57 PM)jaxon Wrote:  
(04-03-2012 12:29 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Interesting question. Can a player "in good standing" just withdraw from the class or are they required to complete the class?

Depends on the individual. There are quite a few people that end up with jobs in a field unrelated to their degree.

Sure, that happens quite a bit. Still though a degree in something might be better than no degree in anything.
04-03-2012 01:08 PM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

(04-03-2012 01:02 PM)Tree Missile Wrote:  Claiborne has a learning disability and made extensive use of disability services at LSU to help him pass his classes. Please do your research before insulting a kid who's busted his ass to overcome a disability.

Ok.
Kudos to him. (Not being sarcastic) Maybe he is an exception but there are many others who do not have that excuse and perform the same way.
The fact is we glorify being "stupid" in today's world. We accept less than the best from our kids(and other people's kids) more times than not.
I am not saying him in particular, he is an exception.
04-03-2012 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.