West Virginia

**South Division**
Central Florida
Cincinnati
East Carolina
Louisville
Memphis
South Florida
Personally I think the North Division would be the better division (quite a bit better, IMO). I'd rather UC play Pittsburgh, WVU, and Syracuse every year than Central Florida, East Carolina, and South Florida.

I just don't see Central Florida ever being that great of a team, and East Carolina seems to have lost their recruiting trails. I'd rather see Marshall, Miami (OH), BGSU... hell, most of the MAC over Central Florida and East Carolina.
11-23-2004 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user
AlEast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCF,Army

I don't think there is any reason for concern with any of the florida schools. UCF for example is making a HUGE commitment to athletics and it will happen. It has been a very bad year, transitional year, but UCF has the highest payroll for the coaching staff from all the Florida schools. The commitment is there and the university will be a 50k student body before the end of the decade. They are located nicely for the years to come. BTW, basketball is not that bad either.
11-23-2004 10:26 AM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

UCF will be allowed into the Big East with USFs approval about the same time that Marshall is allowed into the Big East with the approval of West Virginia University. Or about the same time as Uranus aligns with OOOHHHH nevermind. I am sure that you are getting the picture.
11-23-2004 03:21 PM
AlEast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCF,Army

Are you saying you have it under good authority that USF will not support the inclusion of UCF?
11-23-2004 10:49 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

Quote:... and their facilities need help...but they are in the footprint.

Have you seen our facilities?

You just lost credibility w/ that statement :bang: :mad:

NOW....

If ECU goes for football only, we had better have assurances/contract to join for all sports at some point--if not--well _________

We have seen how split conference affiliations have panned out...they don't...

Why doesn't hte BE BBALL onlys and hte A-10 hook up together and let the BE

have:
Pitt
SU
WVU
Rutgers
UCon
UC
ECU
Memphis
and 2 that are TBD.....

for an all sport conference?

IT makes too much sense so that means it won't happen 03-wink
11-23-2004 10:57 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies

Quote:Why doesn't hte BE BBALL onlys and hte A-10 hook up together and let the BE

have:
Pitt
SU
WVU
Rutgers
UCon
UC
ECU
Memphis
and 2 that are TBD.....

for an all sport conference?
Someday, man... someday.
11-24-2004 12:58 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:UCF will be allowed into the Big East with USFs approval about the same time that Marshall is allowed into the Big East with the approval of West Virginia University. Or about the same time as Uranus aligns with OOOHHHH nevermind. I am sure that you are getting the picture.

--Ok....how bout this....remember that we are working with the assumption that the MWC has been given a automatic BCS birth and the BCS has required each conference recieving automatice bids to have 12 teams

EAC North
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Navy
Uconn
Rutgers
Army

EAC South
West Virginia
Louisville
Memphis
UC
USF
East Carolina

-- Of course...Army and Navy would be for football only....the nice thing about that is that bball won't be deluted too much with additions such as Southern Miss, UCF or Marshall

-- The only problem I can see with this is trying to convince West Virginia to play in the division opposite its traditional rivals (although WVU does have some history with ECU especially..but also with UC and Louisville)....WVU would probably demand that the Pitt game be played annually even though it is a not divisional game

Jackson
11-24-2004 08:50 AM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

--Ok....how bout this....remember that we are working with the assumption that the MWC has been given a automatic BCS birth and the BCS has required each conference recieving automatice bids to have 12 teams

EAC North
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Navy
Uconn
Rutgers
Army

EAC South
West Virginia
Louisville
Memphis
UC
USF
East Carolina

-- Of course...Army and Navy would be for football only....the nice thing about that is that bball won't be deluted too much with additions such as Southern Miss, UCF or Marshall

-- The only problem I can see with this is trying to convince West Virginia to play in the division opposite its traditional rivals (although WVU does have some history with ECU especially..but also with UC and Louisville)....WVU would probably demand that the Pitt game be played annually even though it is a not divisional game

Jackson

Looks Good to me........

NO! I do not have it on official USF that they would not support ucfs inclusion. Just watching the athletic department, the assumption would be that USF wants all of central Florida for it's "footprint"... JMHO....
11-24-2004 10:59 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.