Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Funny quote
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
RE: Funny quote
(03-02-2012 04:28 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 04:20 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  Which makes you more accepting than I. It's not secret that I despise religious influence.

Two points:

1) A religious conservative being more accepting than a secular leftist is hardly newsworthy.

2) Why then do you *seem* to get annoyed that people assume youre questions to Christians are hostile in their intent?

I don't get annoyed when people recognize a hostile question when it is one. I do get annoyed when people (you) assign arguments to me that I've never made.
03-02-2012 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(03-02-2012 04:32 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 04:20 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  Which makes you more accepting than I. It's not secret that I despise religious influence.

Two points:

1) A religious conservative being more accepting than a secular leftist is hardly newsworthy.

2) Why then do you *seem* to get annoyed that people assume youre questions to Christians are hostile in their intent?

I don't get annoyed when people recognize a hostile question when it is one. I do get annoyed when people (you) assign arguments to me that I've never made.

Maybe its the chess player in me, or your practice of demeaning people of faith, but I don't trust you are always interested in what you're asking rather than what you can do with the answer.

If I am wrong in that I am very sorry..
03-02-2012 04:37 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
(03-02-2012 04:37 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 04:32 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  

Two points:

Maybe its the chess player in me, or your practice of demeaning people of faith, but I don't trust you are always interested in what you're asking rather than what you can do with the answer.

If I am wrong in that I am very sorry..

Guess you'll have to keep playing then.
03-02-2012 04:51 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach was lying

I Root For: Bowling Green
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(03-02-2012 04:03 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  Glad to know that you don't have a problem with atheists in public office. 04-cheers

How's that worked out historically?

Oh right, you duck that question because it violates your superstition. 04-cheers
03-02-2012 04:53 PM
NIUAlum90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
(03-02-2012 02:50 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 01:35 PM)RobertN Wrote:  I think fundamentalist Christians like yourself are just as dangerous.

And that, in a nutshell, is why nobody takes you seriously.

+1000 04-bow
03-02-2012 05:03 PM
RobertN Online
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-02-2012 03:14 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 01:57 PM)RobertN Wrote:  You fear fundamentalist Muslims(the ultra right) so stop with your BS right now. Yeah, I guess I can admit they far rightwing guys do scare me. THey want to hasten the return of Jesus and will do ANYTHING to make it happen.

Rob, point me to where these scary far right wing nutjobs that are Christians have been murdering Muslims and proclaim it loudly as their goal to kill all those who don't follow their religion. Please, show me, you simpleton.
There are very few Muslim voices heard round the world that are "moderate." Most of what we hear are the "extremists." Yet, the P.C. world of American politics now deems it necessary to scrub non-P.C. terminology about Muslims from our F.B.I., State Department, our military, etc. Why? So we don't offend them!!! Our own government is scared of them - so much so that they can't even say the truth to each other.

Look, Muslims don't affect my daily life. But I'm not stupid enough to totally disregard what they say and have been saying for years. They want to kill YOU because you don't follow their religious beliefs. They want to destroy America because, same as the commies, America is the one nation that stands in the way of them (and others, like the U.N. crowd) gaining power over our lives. The Muslims and their many propaganda fronts like C.A.I.R. are deceitful and sneaky in the way they gain power, the way they manipulate through claims of being repressed and targeted, the way they use our own laws to defeat us from the inside. They also get cover from the liberal press, who love to parrot false stats and claim "Islamophobia." Never mind that the stats they used show FAR MORE "hate crimes" (I despise the whole concept) against Jews in the U.S. than Muslims. That factoid is conveniently left out of the faux outrage pieces.

I see these things and read about them all the time. To you, Rob, they don't seem to exist. You're the little boy with his fingers in his ears yelling "La la la la la." That you ignore them doesn't change the facts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjgjM56H...r_embedded
03-03-2012 02:43 AM
Paul M Online
American-American

I Root For: OU
Got ANYTHING Robert?
03-03-2012 09:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.