Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State vs. Ohio U.
Bookmark and Share
luckyflash Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
RE: Kent State vs. Ohio U.
(02-29-2012 08:04 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  John Groce is the biggest a$shole in this history of this league.

He should get T'd up everygame. most refs dont have the stones to do it.
02-29-2012 10:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fallsdog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
(02-29-2012 10:04 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 09:20 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  FINALLY! A complete 40 minute game! We let off the gas at the end, but we still took care of business. Bring on the Roo!

Two things - #1. Groce is a joke. #2. We hardly let off the gas. OU choked the life out of us and we were lucky to win as we couldn't score the last 10 min of the game.

Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. THEY FRIGGIN RESPONDED TONIGHT. As a fan what more can you ask for??????? Ohio U. was 22 and 6 (or whatever) and Kent State beat them, earned a bye to the quarters. Beyond this, who knows. GET THAT WEAK STUFF OUT OF HERE and jump on the bandwagon for a week or so! Its fun stuff! And screw OU while we are at it!
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 10:15 PM by fallsdog.)
02-29-2012 10:14 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(02-29-2012 10:14 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 10:04 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 09:20 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  FINALLY! A complete 40 minute game! We let off the gas at the end, but we still took care of business. Bring on the Roo!

Two things - #1. Groce is a joke. #2. We hardly let off the gas. OU choked the life out of us and we were lucky to win as we couldn't score the last 10 min of the game.

Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. THEY FRIGGIN RESPONDED TONIGHT. As a fan what more can you ask for??????? Ohio U. was 22 and 6 (or whatever) and Kent State beat them, earned a bye to the quarters. Beyond this, who knows. GET THAT WEAK STUFF OUT OF HERE and jump on the bandwagon for a week or so! Its fun stuff! And screw OU while we are at it!

We did respond. By playing 20 min of basketball. Thank goodness it was the first 20. If you want to be blind to that 2nd half, that is on you. I am thrilled with the outcome and the bye. Doesn't mean I have to approve of everything you see. BTW, next to Akron, I hate OU more than anyone.
02-29-2012 10:18 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

Just looked and we had exactly 1 made basket the last 12 minutes of the game. The Evans dunk. Make 1 FG the last 12 minutes of a game and you are lucky to win. I don't care who you are.
02-29-2012 10:22 PM
Doc KSU Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent State
(02-29-2012 10:22 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  Just looked and we had exactly 1 made basket the last 12 minutes of the game. The Evans dunk. Make 1 FG the last 12 minutes of a game and you are lucky to win. I don't care who you are.

Correct, but this time they did play team defence and snuck away with the W. This was a much better effort than the last 2 games from a flawed team.
02-29-2012 11:16 PM
anti-zip Offline
1st String

I Root For: kent state!
I'm with you Danny, we couldn't do anything with OU's D in the last 12 minutes. Couple that with a few bone headed plays late and we were lucky to get the W. OU simply wasn't making shots but that's what their team is. When they're on from deep they can be unbeatable. When they have an average or below average outside shooting game they look remarkably unspectacular. I'll take it though, we finally played a game that resembled Kent St. basketball tonight so I'm satisfied for the moment.

What really bothered me about the game was as soon as Groce got the Tech OU got every questionable call for the next several minutes. It bothers me because that validates his pouting and childish behavior. I thought we got the benefit of the doubt on several calls in the first half before the tech but as an official you can't let a coach having anger seizuers on the floor affect how you call the game. Also, can anyone tell me what the heck that tech on Porrini was about?
02-29-2012 11:24 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-29-2012 11:24 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  I'm with you Danny, we couldn't do anything with OU's D in the last 12 minutes. Couple that with a few bone headed plays late and we were lucky to get the W. OU simply wasn't making shots but that's what their team is. When they're on from deep they can be unbeatable. When they have an average or below average outside shooting game they look remarkably unspectacular. I'll take it though, we finally played a game that resembled Kent St. basketball tonight so I'm satisfied for the moment.

What really bothered me about the game was as soon as Groce got the Tech OU got every questionable call for the next several minutes. It bothers me because that validates his pouting and childish behavior. I thought we got the benefit of the doubt on several calls in the first half before the tech but as an official you can't let a coach having anger seizuers on the floor affect how you call the game. Also, can anyone tell me what the heck that tech on Porrini was about?

Groce is a girl. OU should be embarrassed. Linder said Porrini "said something" so it was officially called a "taunting" technical.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 11:36 PM by dannyb73.)
02-29-2012 11:33 PM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: Quality Writing
(02-29-2012 10:09 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 07:59 PM)OZoner Wrote:  I have no idea what these refs are trying to do tonight.

This is my second favorite quote of the night...next to Michael Reghi proclaiming that "this is shaping up to be one of those MACnificent finsishes at the MAC Center."

I have often wondered why Groce isn't given a cup and a some old dirty rags to wear during games as he is perhpas the biggest beggar in the Mid American Conference.

But JSF, I am shocked. I would figure that instead of complaining about officials you would attempt to justify Ohio's offense. An offense that had no answer for the defensive clinic that Kent State put on during the first 20 minutes of basketball tonight.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to come as ref complaining. I just couldn't figure out what they were doing out there. I thought Porrini's T was weak and Keely should have gotten one. They were just incredibly inconsistent, though they played no role in the outcome.

Kent was the better team tonight and deserved to win, period, ignore Danny's whining. I think OU came out a little tight, Kent some shots early and was able to relax while OU couldn't respond until it was too late.
02-29-2012 11:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(02-29-2012 11:45 PM)OZoner Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 10:09 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 07:59 PM)OZoner Wrote:  I have no idea what these refs are trying to do tonight.

This is my second favorite quote of the night...next to Michael Reghi proclaiming that "this is shaping up to be one of those MACnificent finsishes at the MAC Center."

I have often wondered why Groce isn't given a cup and a some old dirty rags to wear during games as he is perhpas the biggest beggar in the Mid American Conference.

But JSF, I am shocked. I would figure that instead of complaining about officials you would attempt to justify Ohio's offense. An offense that had no answer for the defensive clinic that Kent State put on during the first 20 minutes of basketball tonight.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to come as ref complaining. I just couldn't figure out what they were doing out there. I thought Porrini's T was weak and Keely should have gotten one. They were just incredibly inconsistent, though they played no role in the outcome.

Kent was the better team tonight and deserved to win, period, ignore Danny's whining. I think OU came out a little tight, Kent some shots early and was able to relax while OU couldn't respond until it was too late.

Where did I say KSU wasn't the better team tonight? Or that we didn't deserve to win? I think my statement was that we were lucky to win because we couldn't make a basket the last 12 minutes of the game. If you disagree with that FACT, speak up and show your ignorance. Otherwise, I hope you are enjoying your ride back to Athens with the loss in your back pocket.
03-01-2012 12:02 AM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: Quality Writing
Luck is a matter of fact? How novel.

At no point in the second half did I think Ohio would win. Kent wasn't lucky. Sure, they didn't score field goals, but 24-5 runs tend to offset that. And you're ignoring the foul shots that helped put the game away.

Otherwise, continue your long streak of being unable to resist smack talk and puffing your chest.
03-01-2012 12:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.