Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why the Belt Needs to Sign a Mid-Week TV Deal with ESPN
Bookmark and Share
Burn the Horse Offline
Cardinal Lantern Corps

I Root For: TROY
RE: Why the Belt Needs to Sign a Mid-Week TV Deal with ESPN
Man, when Troy travels to Mobile...you can expect a massive crowd. It'll be an easy roadtrip (and win 05-stirthepot) for our fans.
02-21-2012 11:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
We've already got schedules for Navy and Miss State to come to Mobile. When those hit the schedule over the next few years our attendance will get a boost.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for our conference to have midweek games, doesn't mean I have to like it.. I just don't want it to become norm for any of our teams.

The biggest way to get notice, quicker then being on ESPN on a thur night is to win your non-conference games. When we, as a conference, start doing that, we will gain the attention of a larger audience.
02-21-2012 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Burn the Horse Offline
Cardinal Lantern Corps

Navy and Miss State, really? We have them coming to Troy THIS season. that's pretty cool we both have 'em on the home schedule.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012 11:42 PM by Burn the Horse.)
02-21-2012 11:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiguar Offline
1st String

Yes I agree 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012 11:43 PM by Tiguar.)
02-21-2012 11:42 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(02-21-2012 11:35 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Man, when Troy travels to Mobile...you can expect a massive crowd. It'll be an easy roadtrip (and win 05-stirthepot) for our fans.

I expect a good crowd for this game. It'll should be exciting with some good energy.
02-21-2012 11:49 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
Cardinal Lantern Corps

I agree Usajags.
02-21-2012 11:50 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: Troy, UA, AAMU
(02-21-2012 11:34 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  Sure, one is fine. Not sure if I misunderstood the OP but it sounded like he meant to imply most of our games should be weekday games. We already have played a game or two a season on week nights.

See that I would hate also but this is the beauty of conferences. Were looking at what 10-14 football members in this conference say we signed a weekday deal with ESPN and NBCSPORTS. ESPN already has a Mac deal so we would get maybe four games? It could be like Troy vs ULL on Espn one week. FAU vs FIU on ESPN. UTSA vs UNT on NBC Sports. South vs Bowling green on ESPN like towards the end of the season.

No team has more than one weekend game a season and the teams alternate every season. Gives a huge boost in conference revenue.
02-21-2012 11:51 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: Troy, UA, AAMU
(02-21-2012 11:49 PM)Usajags Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 11:35 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Man, when Troy travels to Mobile...you can expect a massive crowd. It'll be an easy roadtrip (and win 05-stirthepot) for our fans.

I expect a good crowd for this game. It'll should be exciting with some good energy.

I hope we can take UAB off the schedule and start a in state rivalry with you guys instead. The UAB game just does not have the spark to be considered a rivalry.
02-21-2012 11:54 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

That's another thing, if the NCAA was really interested in leveling the playing field, and this would really piss off the big schools, set a max of 6 home games a year, with 7 every third year. That would force the bigger schools to do more away games and may result in better non conference games throughout college football because some schools will not want to travel to some smaller schools. But should result in bringing in some of the bigger schools.
02-22-2012 12:01 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(02-21-2012 11:54 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 11:49 PM)Usajags Wrote:  

I hope we can take UAB off the schedule and start a in state rivalry with you guys instead. The UAB game just does not have the spark to be considered a rivalry.

End the season with this game with the conference on the line and the rivalry will be born.
02-22-2012 12:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.