Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If Temple makes the mistake of joining the C-USA leftovers...
Bookmark and Share
CMUprof Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
RE: If Temple makes the mistake of joining the C-USA leftovers...
(02-14-2012 12:07 PM)exCincy Kid Wrote:  I am surprised Temple is seriously considering a football only offer (mostly due to not seeing how the dollars line up favorably), and I'd have a heart attack if Temple agreed to move all sports...that would cost them beaucoup traveling dollars (for non revenue sports) and again, provide little in the way of a tangible new rival. To me the key is the assumed $2.5MM exit fee from the MAC...if true that is poses a very high financial hurdle since Temple's "end game" is to get to the BE eventually and they have no long term real interest in C-USA (or the Alliance thingy) .....then they'll be another exit fee from the Alliance to deal with.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them move FB-only. I am sure that whatever projections they see will make it at least a wash financially. And really, CUSA needs Temple's market as a TV bargaining chip more than Temple needs them. Maybe with moving comes the possibility of improving their OOC Bball scheduling. Whatever their 5-year (10-year?) plan was when they joined the MAC I'm sure it didn't entail them still here several years in. Or at the very least, still here and never winning a division title. But for now they will explore the new CUSA, maybe hope to get a rise out of the BE, and then have the MAC to fall back to if nothing pans out.

If they had become a strong, championship winning program in the MAC they would be in a better position to not be overlooked by the BE.
02-14-2012 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Temple makes the mistake of joining the C-USA leftovers... - CMUprof - 02-14-2012 04:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.