RE: ESPN references to ULL
doesnt make it right, but everyone has an opinion
12-18-2011 04:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Burn the Horse Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(12-18-2011 04:57 PM)Trulyb Wrote:  doesnt make it right, but everyone has an opinion

that is correct sir. we are all entitled to our opinions.
12-18-2011 04:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MTPiKapp Online

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(12-18-2011 04:52 PM)Usajags Wrote:  So what offense will Kapp take to me calling MTSU- Little Middle.

Nothing I haven't heard before.

Personally I've always thought name smack was pretty silly.

Of course there's a big difference between calling Louisiana the dreaded three letter moniker and calling us "Little Middle". "ULL" is still the name of the university, but that's neither here nor there, I don't call them that.

Again, I refer to us by our preferred athletic branding "Middle Tennessee". Others refer to us by our desired name change "UMT" and most people who don't know refer to us by our (GASP!) official name "MTSU" and most rivals here refer to us as MUTS and most Vandy and Tennessee fans refer to us as "Little Middle".

I'm just not that concerned with what other people call my school. Call us whatever the hell you want.
12-18-2011 05:01 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
I've always called yall MTSU, but not out of disrespect. I just thought it was cool.
12-18-2011 05:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I don't get how the school is not the brand. We are the University of South Alabama "Jaguars", not the USA Jaguars or anything of that nature. You exist because of your school, how can your brand be anything other then the name of your school??? Now if the school changes name, such as Troy did when they dropped the State, then fine, but to have a different name for your teams that isn't the same as your school makes no sense.
12-18-2011 06:40 PM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
Go ahead and send this to the smack folder. EE's intentions aren't remotely honorable.
12-18-2011 06:50 PM
Tuffguy21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(12-18-2011 06:40 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I don't get how the school is not the brand. We are the University of South Alabama "Jaguars", not the USA Jaguars or anything of that nature. You exist because of your school, how can your brand be anything other then the name of your school??? Now if the school changes name, such as Troy did when they dropped the State, then fine, but to have a different name for your teams that isn't the same as your school makes no sense.

Ole Miss, Texas, Cal...
12-18-2011 06:54 PM
eager eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-18-2011 06:50 PM)AstroCajun Wrote:  Go ahead and send this to the smack folder. EE's intentions aren't remotely honorable.
------------------------------------

So in your opinion my intentions would only be honorable if I knelt before the throne and addressed ULL as University of Louisiana. Do you know how the University of Louisiana SYSTEM president, Randy Moffett, addressed the recent entry of the University of New Orleans to the system? He said, quoting from the newspaper this morning, that "The addition of UNO complements our EIGHT REGIONAL, comprehensive, research universities truly making the UL system NINE universities strong". ULL, for your information, is ONE of the now nine REGIONAL universities in the UL system. He said it, not me.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2011 07:50 PM by eager eagle.)
12-18-2011 07:34 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FAU's Defender of the Faith.

I Root For: FAU OWLS!
Moved before it gets out of hand.
12-18-2011 07:50 PM
Complacent Cajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-18-2011 07:34 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(12-18-2011 06:50 PM)AstroCajun Wrote:  Go ahead and send this to the smack folder. EE's intentions aren't remotely honorable.
------------------------------------

So in your opinion my intentions would only be honorable if I knelt before the throne and addressed ULL as University of Louisiana. Do you know how the University of Louisiana SYSTEM president, Randy Moffett, addressed the recent entry of the University of New Orleans to the system? He said, quoting from the newspaper this morning, that "The addition of UNO complements our EIGHT REGIONAL, comprehensive, research universities truly making the UL system NINE universities strong". ULL, for your information, is ONE of the now nine REGIONAL universities in the UL system. He said it, not me.

The amount of fucks I give about any of that, or what ESPN was saying while our team won is on par with the amount of fucks our Strength and Conditioning coach gave while he was bleeding on the sidelines.

[Image: cIgWk.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2011 07:54 PM by Complacent Cajun.)
12-18-2011 07:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.