Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tressel resigns as HC of OSU!
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Tressel resigns as HC of OSU!
(05-30-2011 10:46 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  This would be a lot easier if I believed Tressel was even in the top 50% of major coaches as far as ignoring rule breaking. Oh well...

Thank you Coach Tressel for 10 excellent years.

You have to be kidding? The dude cheated at Youngstown State and Ohio State.
05-30-2011 10:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EerMeNow Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
(05-30-2011 10:46 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  This would be a lot easier if I believed Tressel was even in the top 50% of major coaches as far as ignoring rule breaking. Oh well...

Thank you Coach Tressel for 10 excellent years.

If that is the case (and I do not think anyone on here is in a position to know), then he is really bad at choosing which rules to break.
05-30-2011 11:11 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Tressel destroyed any good he's done over the years with some bad decisions, and he may have taken Ohio State down with him. IMO he bailed too late to do them any good...
05-30-2011 11:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gosports1 Offline
All American

I Root For: providence
The folks in Michigan must be very sad right now....03-nutkick
05-30-2011 11:52 AM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
RICH RODRIGUEZ TO OHIO STATE! Buckeyes going blue? 03-lol
05-30-2011 11:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
saxamoophone Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
UGH OHHHHHHHHHH!
05-30-2011 12:03 PM
The Brown Bull Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
I am just surprised that OSU really thought they could just give him a 2 game suspension and this would all be over with. They were/are in as much denial as USC was/is.
05-30-2011 12:04 PM
Knightsweat Online
All American

I Root For: OU & UCF
(05-30-2011 12:04 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  I am just surprised that OSU really thought they could just give him a 2 game suspension and this would all be over with. They were/are in as much denial as USC was/is.

Yeah, I agree with you. I think they felt they could soften the blow by suspending Tressel for two games, till the news came out about players getting cars from alums. I think that blew up their game plan, and they had to "fire" Tressel. Man, I think OSU is going to be feeling this for a few years. The NCAA wont implement a death penalty, but someone mentioned a "USC type punishment". I could see this.
05-30-2011 12:48 PM
hawghiggs Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
I know one thing for sure. Arkansas never lost the Sugar Bowl. We just didn't win it.
05-30-2011 01:57 PM
Nola Gator Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Florida
Anyone clamoring for a death penalty at OSU is an utter moron. The extent of their violations does not equal USC's violations up to this point. Plus, I don't think there is any actual evidence about the car deals. Players getting discounted deals and selling their own possessions is not exactly a coaching indiscretion. Tressel shouldn't have lied about it and he should have made the suspensions last year. But way too many internet guys are letting their own jealousy of tOSU blind them on this issue.

The coach tried to protect his players. There are worse things to do. Its not like the players committed crimes. They just sold stuff they owned. Wow, what a terrible act!! College athletes are the only people that can not legally sell things in their own possession and somehow fans have convinced themselves that this makes sense. I find it embarrassing about our society that Petrino has already been forgiven for completely bailing on the Atlanta Falcons mid-year to take Arkansas job, and Tressel is out as OSU's coach because he didn't want to rat out players. Neither act is admirable but I'd rather a coach that protects players than bails on a team to take another job when things don't work out.
05-30-2011 02:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.