Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Basketball Endcap & Look Ahead
Bookmark and Share
burden Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Basketball Endcap & Look Ahead
You mean Charlie Sheen isn't a poster boy??
03-24-2011 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ilovegymnast Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
Kent could gut their team bring in the top 13 recruits in the nation, win 3 national championships, go undefeated every year, return all of them for a 4th year and still would be picked to be a contender in the MAC. Just imagine if the West ever got good how low he would pick Kent to finish.
03-24-2011 01:29 PM
DunbarAtTheTopOfTheHill Offline
2nd String

(03-24-2011 01:08 PM)burden Wrote:  You mean Charlie Sheen isn't a poster boy??

.jpg  winning.jpg (Size: 85.09 KB / Downloads: 26)
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2011 01:31 PM by DunbarAtTheTopOfTheHill.)
03-24-2011 01:29 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Bopol, I can't disagree with a single thing you stated. I quit picking up the Pee Dee years ago, and quit reading Ellen online a couple of years ago. Thank God for David Carducci's in depth reporting and blogging.
03-24-2011 02:03 PM
kyflash Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State & UK
Great thread, guys. Love the discussion of next year's squad, especially from Fallsdog.

And I'm totally in agreement with Bopol on Chicago sportswriters (and sportswriters in general, for that matter). I lived in Chicago in the mid-90s when Mariotti was really cranking up the jerk quotient -- some of the stuff he said about Dave Wannstedt was unbelievable. I blame him and Jim Rome for this. Old school guys like Terry Pluto are too far and few between.
03-24-2011 03:58 PM
anti-zip Offline
1st String

I Root For: kent state!
Let me start by saying I certainly do not think Akron should be the favorites, at this point, for next season and I can't logically explain why Elton would think so. Still, I wouldn't sleep on them. Losing McNees and Roberts will hurt I'm sure but Abreu looks like he is ready to take on more minutes. I think losing McKnight is the one that could hurt them the most. However, they will have a 6'5" 235 lbs. forward transfer named Chauncey Gilliam that averaged 13.3 ppg his Soph. year on a really bad UMBC team (think they won like 3 games?). They will also have a 6'4" guard Brian Walsh that transferred in from Xavier where he never did anything in two years. I'm not sure how either of these guys will fit in but Gilliam certainly seems to come out of the McKnight mold.

Also, if Zeke has a Keith Benson type improvement between his Soph. and Jr. years he could be a monster. What could really kill them is if Cvetinovic ends up leaving. I think he could be their best player next year.

I don't mean to make this sound like an Akron love fest. Trust me I hate them as much as the next Flash. With the guys we have coming in and the guys we have returning I really like how we stack up with them. I'm just saying that I don't expect them to fall off too dramatically. I think Buffalo is a team to watch next year too.
03-24-2011 04:35 PM
bopol Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Well, there's two discussions. One is what Akron might be like next year, which is a wildcard. Two, there is that Elton Alexander consistantly dogs on Kent and should not be taken seriously as a carbon-based lifeform, which is the truth.

I think Akron's success will hinge a lot on Marshall developing, which honestly is a lot to count on. I expect a very good defensive player who has foul trouble and isn't particularly good on offense. John Edwards type. If he explodes into a great player, which is possible, then he could dominate the MAC, but I wouldn't count on it. Agree on Abreu, I like/hate Quincy Diggs, too. You can tell he really, really wants to win, which I respect. But I think they'll miss McKnight a lot. Now what's this about Cventoivich?
03-24-2011 05:51 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Quote:Now what's this about Cventoivich?

Some speculation that he wants to go home.
03-24-2011 06:17 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Elton Alexander doesn’t bother me at all. I stopped reading him years ago.
03-24-2011 06:19 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
(03-24-2011 06:17 PM)FlashFan Wrote:  
Quote:Now what's this about Cventoivich?

Some speculation that he wants to go home.

That is kind of too bad. If he leaves, there will officially be nobody on Akron's team that I like.

I need to give mad props to Rod. More-so than usual. It has to be tough to be the lone senior on a basketball team. That plane ride home the other night must have been the loneliest few hours of the year for him.
03-24-2011 06:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.