Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pitt-Gazzette: UCF is Definite
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
Pitt-Gazzette: UCF is Definite
PantherRob: A little off topic, but when can we expect to hear an announcement on expansion invites and who will it be?

Paul Zeise: Yes, Fiesta Bowl for the winner. WVU has a lot of options if they lose - Meineke, Champs Sports or whatever -- Pitt is likely headed to Birmingham if they lose. As for the expansion question - the Big East people seem to feel like it is going to happen sooner rather than later, as in, they want to get this done in time for next season. I'd expect to hear something in the next few months. Central Florida seems to be the team which is a definite addition.

Pitt-Gazette
11-26-2010 08:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Cubanbull Offline

I Root For:
RE: Pitt-Gazzette: UCF is Definite
Next season? Doubt UCF or TCU can join next season.
11-26-2010 08:37 AM
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I don't think they'll be able to pull off anything that'll bring in anyone for "next season". But Zeist seems to think UCF is a definite. Not sure if he's going by old reports and sticking with that or if he speaks to his sources weekly.
11-26-2010 08:42 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I don't buy it at all. He has been saying UCF lock from early on. He is about the only one that seems to think so.
11-26-2010 08:47 AM

Cubanbull Offline

I Root For:
I could see it announced after bowl season but to join in 2012. I know TCU can leave without penalty, dont know about UCF with CUSA. Eventhough if invited Im sure that paying the penalty wil not be a problem.
Anyways Ill be happy when the expansion is announced the league needs it.By the way it wil be hilarious seeing all the UCF posters singing the praises of the Big East if they get in after al this years of bashing it. LOL
11-26-2010 08:49 AM
saxamoophone Offline
Special Teams

Cuban, we bash CUSA too 03-wink.

The Big East would save a lot of $$$$$ with one less OOC game to "pay" for so I could understand them aiming for 2011 (if that's even possible still). I'm sure UCF had a decent way out if going to a BCS conference.

I still think 12/7/2010 will be the date for whoever is invited.
11-26-2010 09:05 AM
Cubanbull Offline

I Root For:
sax
I remember many of the same old UCF internet fans that used to post crap that the MAC was better than CUSA while UCF was in the MAC. Then their tune changed and many of the same characters stil post that CUSA is better than the Big East. That tune will change if UCF gets into Big East.
11-26-2010 09:11 AM

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
He means that he wants expansion done and announced for next season not that they will play next season. It would be possible for TCU to play next year if they wanted to. The MWC doesn't have an exit fee or a 2 year notice so, just like Utah, they could join the conference the next year. The main problem would be if the Big East would want to fit them in. If UCF is our crowning jewel this conference is DOA, so we better step it up with our expansion plans. No disrespect at all to UCF, if they're added with TCU fine, if UCF and Villanova are the additions then this conference is in a crap load of trouble.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2010 09:21 AM by CatsClaw.)
11-26-2010 09:19 AM
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

Cuban....of course it'll change. UCF would boast the Big East. Even the few fans that bash it are typical fans that bash anything they don't have. If they want it and can't have it...they'll bash it. But that's everywhere. ACC fans will bash the SEC...but if their school was invited to the SEC...they'd jump for joy! Personally, I hated the MAC and being in the MAC those few years. It was terrible We had NOTHING in common with any of those teams and their fans were all fans of the big schools of their states, first Those that touted the MAC would out of their minds.
11-26-2010 09:29 AM
KnightLight Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-26-2010 09:11 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  sax
Then their tune changed and many of the same characters stil post that CUSA is better than the Big East. That tune will change if UCF gets into Big East.

Many?

While the top Big East football teams are "down" this year...can't recall many that said CUSA was a better overall football OR basketball conf than the Big East.
11-26-2010 09:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.