Bookmark and Share
griffen Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Obama finally gets some support...
Castro supports Obama's domestic agenda
Aug 25, 2009 10:44 AM
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

HAVANA–Cuba's Fidel Castro is criticizing President Barack Obama's stepped-up U.S. war in Afghanistan while backing Obama's effort to provide health care coverage for all Americans.
The former Cuban president said in an essay published Tuesday that he hasn't the slightest doubt that "the racist right" will do anything to stop Obama from succeeding domestically.
Castro's remarks appeared on the Cubadebate Web site, which publishes his frequent essays on global affairs. He formally stepped down as Cuba's president in February 2008 after ceding power to his brother Raul.
"The strategy of withdrawing troops from Iraq and sending them to the war in Afghanistan to fight the Taliban is a mistake. The Soviet Union sank there," wrote Castro, who was a close ally of the Soviets at the time.
"The United States' European allies are more and more unwilling to spilling the blood of their soldiers in that country."
Even so, Castro said he has read "with astonishment" news reports on U.S. public opinion polls suggesting a decline in Obama's performance ratings.
Obama, he said, "didn't want to, nor could he change the system. What's odd is that, despite this, the extreme right hates him for being African American and fights what the president does to improve the deteriorated image of that country."
Castro cited Obama's efforts on health care, reviving the economy, closing tax havens, immigration reform and climate change.
"Obama has inherited those problems from (President George W.) Bush," he wrote. "I don't harbour the least doubt that the racist right will do everything possible to wear him down, blocking his agenda to take him out of the game one way or another," he added.
"I hope I'm wrong!"

http://marklevinshow.com/Article.asp?id=...spid=32345
08-25-2009 11:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
RE: Obama finally gets some support...
(08-25-2009 11:04 PM)griffen Wrote:  Castro supports Obama's domestic agenda
Aug 25, 2009 10:44 AM
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

HAVANA–Cuba's Fidel Castro is criticizing President Barack Obama's stepped-up U.S. war in Afghanistan while backing Obama's effort to provide health care coverage for all Americans.
The former Cuban president said in an essay published Tuesday that he hasn't the slightest doubt that "the racist right" will do anything to stop Obama from succeeding domestically.
Castro's remarks appeared on the Cubadebate Web site, which publishes his frequent essays on global affairs. He formally stepped down as Cuba's president in February 2008 after ceding power to his brother Raul.
"The strategy of withdrawing troops from Iraq and sending them to the war in Afghanistan to fight the Taliban is a mistake. The Soviet Union sank there," wrote Castro, who was a close ally of the Soviets at the time.
"The United States' European allies are more and more unwilling to spilling the blood of their soldiers in that country."
Even so, Castro said he has read "with astonishment" news reports on U.S. public opinion polls suggesting a decline in Obama's performance ratings.
Obama, he said, "didn't want to, nor could he change the system. What's odd is that, despite this, the extreme right hates him for being African American and fights what the president does to improve the deteriorated image of that country."
Castro cited Obama's efforts on health care, reviving the economy, closing tax havens, immigration reform and climate change.
"Obama has inherited those problems from (President George W.) Bush," he wrote. "I don't harbour the least doubt that the racist right will do everything possible to wear him down, blocking his agenda to take him out of the game one way or another," he added.
"I hope I'm wrong!"

http://marklevinshow.com/Article.asp?id=...spid=32345
You freaking racist!05-mafia

As for me, this is the kind of endorsement I've been waiting for. I'm switching to a pro stance towards the complete trashing of the current healthcare system and a switch to the Cuban style of healthcare.

The one where if you don't like the Castro regime and say so, you are diagnosed with a health problem and sent to a sanitorium for a slight correction. The kind of correction where when you wake, up you have to look up to see the grass. Yeah, that one.
08-26-2009 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.