Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Another writer has been reading your board
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Another writer has been reading your board
I wasn't referring to you guys anyhow. The prevailing New Jersey mode of attack is from the rear... 05-mafia
09-05-2008 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC & ECU
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
CatsClaw Wrote:I will never understand why East Carolina expansion supporters have to take petty potshots at Cincinnati and South Florida in order to build up East Carolina.
Imagine you're a school that has cast its lot with football for 3 decades, and have struggled, scraped, and fought hard for attention, all the while living under the shadow of not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 in-state schools.

That's ECU's background.

Now, put yourself in our position. For a long time we OWNED Cincy on the gridiron. Naturally, when it came time for expansion, ECU felt it "deserved" to be in the Big East. To see Cincy gain a berth hurt. So naturally, fans are going to lash out a bit. Does it make it right..? Maybe, maybe not, but it's how it is....

(It's not that Cincy didn't deserve it, but again, put yourself in ECU's spot). Now, as much as Cincy hurt...

South Florida's inclusion REALLY hurt. Why? South Florida didn't even have a program 20 years ago, while ECU was fighting to put itself in a position to be an expansion candidate. To see the Bulls rise from literally nowhere and "take our spot" -- that has left some bitter taste in the mouths of ECU alums/fans/bandwagoners.

That's why you will see petty potshots. Heck, son -- they jump on me because I saw it coming and predicted as much.
09-05-2008 10:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BJUnklFkr Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
EXPANSION BOARD, PEOPLE!!
09-05-2008 11:03 AM
PirateMarv Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Guys, this article was written by some editorial writer for a Trenton, New Jersey newspaper, rather than some partial ECU supporter. I don't know how it became so controversial on this site, but on ECU's Rival's page it was being discussed in a very impartial manner by posters from WVU, Southern Mississippi and ECU. And that is why I posted the article on this site.
09-05-2008 07:11 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UF, UCF, UC bb
CatsClaw Wrote:By the way, I support East Carolina as a football-only. They have the fan base, the dedication to football and name recognition. ECU fans have a cocky edge to them, which is something we need. I have said that what the Big East lacked compared to BCS conferences like the Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, etc, are huge, vocal fan bases that go around preaching the Big East. Our fan base is growing fast, but adding someone like ECU for football-only would be a huge boost. Then, assuming a split happens, you have Memphis and others to fill the All-Sports (along with ECU).

05-nono
09-06-2008 12:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.