Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BUGS Panders to tOA&MU Masses
Bookmark and Share
Redwingtom Offline
Falcon Water Carrier

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: BUGS Panders to tOA&MU Masses
I know it is hard to imagine for Ohio and Akron fans since they rarely get a bowl bid 03-wink, but going to any bowl game is an awesome experience whether you like any of the teams playing or not. I have attended many motor city bowl games and they have all been a great time.

I must also admit that the best one I saw (next to BG's comeback win over NU) was the Toledo win over Cincinnati in the Silverdome.
12-14-2007 07:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Redwingtom Wrote:I know it is hard to imagine for Ohio and Akron fans since they rarely get a bowl bid 03-wink, but going to any bowl game is an awesome experience whether you like any of the teams playing or not. I have attended many motor city bowl games and they have all been a great time.

I must also admit that the best one I saw (next to BG's comeback win over NU) was the Toledo win over Cincinnati in the Silverdome.

Chester was impressive in that one. I was in a hotel with mostly UC fans and they were in awe. They actually thought they would win handily.

BG is the only MAC team to play against a Big Ten team in the MCB so far. CMU needs to keep the slate perfect for the MAC.
12-14-2007 07:56 AM
Gooch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio University
As I mentioned in the other thread, this is pretty pathetic. People slam OSU left and right. Yet, they will beg for them to come to another school's bowl game. That's bush.
12-14-2007 09:16 AM
Pulltown Falcon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Gooch Wrote:As I mentioned in the other thread, this is pretty pathetic. People slam OSU left and right. Yet, they will beg for them to come to another school's bowl game. That's bush.
[Image: gary-coleman.jpg]
We just won't invite the Gooch to join us in Mobile then.
12-14-2007 11:19 AM
utpotts Offline
Toledo's Bar Rat

I Root For: Toledo
Pulltown Falcon Wrote:
Gooch Wrote:As I mentioned in the other thread, this is pretty pathetic. People slam OSU left and right. Yet, they will beg for them to come to another school's bowl game. That's bush.

Plus in downtown Moblie the bars really don't close at 2am, like they do in Ohio. Trust me when i was there in 2005, i took full advantage of that. 04-cheers 04-cheers 04-cheers
12-14-2007 11:26 AM
Gooch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio University
Pulltown Falcon Wrote:

I am going to lose sleep tonight knowing that I am not invited a BGSU football game.
12-14-2007 11:41 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
All American

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
CMU will be sending its fat punter (Craig Fischer) down to Mobile to attract interest.
12-14-2007 12:15 PM
BGFalcons Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I'm still waiting for someone to show me evidence of begging. And who, exactly, are the people who both slam OSU left and right and beg for them (them = OSU fans, I assume) to come to the BG bowl game?
12-14-2007 01:26 PM
BobcatFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies
Two facts in this thread that I find stunning:

1) That people actually agree with BUGS' desperate move; and

2) That people think a GMAC bowl bid is something to be jealous about.
12-14-2007 01:59 PM
Pulltown Falcon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
BobcatFan Wrote:Two facts in this thread that I find stunning:

1) That people actually agree with BUGS' desperate move; and

2) That people think a GMAC bowl bid is something to be jealous about.

Desperate move?

Not really. Smart thinking. The conference is hooked for X number of tickets whether or not BGSU sells its allotment. So if OSU fans want to spend their money on GMAC Bowl tickets, that is less money BGSU has to spend on tickets (which would come out of the bowl payout) and means a few extra bucks for conference members (if there is anything left after bowl expenses are paid).

And is the GMAC Bowl bid something to be jealous about? If you have been to Mobile for the game and festivities before, then you are probably jealous and wish your team was going because you remember the fun time the people of Mobile provided for your team and their fans. If you did not go, then you have absolutely no idea as to what you are missing and you could care less.

Enjoy your basketball game on ESPN2 this weekend.
12-14-2007 02:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.