This entire discussion is completely assinine as far as I am concerned. Review the FACTS here folks
1. The Mtn. West has no intention of expanding any time soon.
2. Boise State's school president has made it clear that they (meaning HIM) want to be a part of the Mtn West IF and WHEN they ever decide to expand.
3. BSU's president, Bob Kustra, has stated that he does not intend to be at Boise State for more than five more years.
4. IF the Mtn. West ever does decide to expand (which BTW seems very unlikely to me personally) the decision of whether or not to join the Mtn. West conference for Boise State may very well be decided by the NEXT school president for Boise State.
5. The PRESENT television contract that the imbecilic leadership, aka Craig Thompson, of the Mtn West conference contractually obligated themselves to for the next nine years makes the Mtn. West a VERY unattractive choice at this particular point in time.
6. Boise State is BETTER off remaining in the WAC at this particular point in time. The Mtn. West has very little to offer other than geographical convenience and less travel cost for Boise State.
7. IF and when Boise State ever does get discussed as a POSSIBLE addition to the Mtn. West Boise State would need the support of at least five of the current nine school presidents that currently make up the Mtn West conference. At most right now Boise State MIGHT have the support of THREE of those nine school presidents (Wyoming - BYU - San Diego State).
p.s. Anyone who actually BELIEVES that Sacramento State or UC Davis are viable options for inclusion into the WAC must be on drugs. Those two schools are lightyears away from being even remotely qualified to be members of the WAC. Sorry if that offends but that is simply the TRUTH.