Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How did we get here?
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

How this can not make any American feel ashamed and sick to their stomach regarding the leadership of this great nation is beyond me.

Quote:"Willful killing, torture or inhuman treatment, if committed against detainees protected by international humanitarian law, constitute a grave breach under the Geneva Conventions and therefore of international humanitarian law and is prohibited at any time, irrespective of the status of the person detained," the report said.

"The above-described acts might be designated as war crimes by a competent tribunal."

<a href='http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0605rights05.html' target='_blank'>The entire article</a>

Whether or not you are/were for the war, it is outrageous that this was allowed to happen, and that the people who allowed it are now looking for a way to scapegoat anyone they can to save their @sses.

Anyone left unconvinced needs to take a very serious look at themselves, and then ask the question; how did we go from having almost universal support and respect following 9/11 to being charged with war crimes?
06-05-2004 05:20 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SDSundevil Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Were not formally charged with War Crimes and should not be, we have been accused of war crimes for years and years. The UN has bordered on incompetent for years, lack of leadership, lack of direction and lack of will. I still remember them entertaining Arafat a few years back and allowing him to turn the meeting into a circus.

I think the whole ordeal was blown way out of proportion, and Im dissappointed by the events. Im still able to keep my perspective on the difference between brutal torture and the abuse(not torture) that went on in Abu G prison. Im also aware of the fact that were talking about a handful of people , it was not systematic. As far as the sleep deprivation and some of the other softning up techniques, I don't have a problem with them.
06-05-2004 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hardcore Husky Offline
1st String

I Root For:

SDSundevil Wrote:Were not formally charged with War Crimes and should not be, we have been accused of war crimes for years and years. The UN has bordered on incompetent for years, lack of leadership, lack of direction and lack of will. I still remember them entertaining Arafat a few years back and allowing him to turn the meeting into a circus.

I think the whole ordeal was blown way out of proportion, and Im dissappointed by the events. Im still able to keep my perspective on the difference between brutal torture and the abuse(not torture) that went on in Abu G prison. Im also aware of the fact that were talking about a handful of people , it was not systematic. As far as the sleep deprivation and some of the other softning up techniques, I don't have a problem with them.
What he said! 04-bow 04-rock
06-05-2004 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Amazing. :rolleyes:
06-05-2004 06:18 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Oddball Wrote:Amazing.&nbsp; :rolleyes:
I think it's amazing that you did not register any concern when the charges were levied directly against the commander-in-chief for sexual abuse that were at least a step beyond what happened here.

These charges involved civilian US citizens, not soldiers involved in hostilities.

Furthermore, the ensuing coverup was neither subtle nor unobvious. Yet you expressed no interest to get to the truth involved.

Your "outrage" lacks sincerity.
06-05-2004 07:49 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

DrTorch Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:Amazing.  :rolleyes:
I think it's amazing that you did not register any concern when the charges were levied directly against the commander-in-chief for sexual abuse that were at least a step beyond what happened here.

These charges involved civilian US citizens, not soldiers involved in hostilities.

Furthermore, the ensuing coverup was neither subtle nor unobvious. Yet you expressed no interest to get to the truth involved.

Your "outrage" lacks sincerity.
You may have completely lost your mind, Torch. At least a step beyond a blowjob? That rivals anything Kev has ever said. Unbelievable.

My outrage is utterly sincere, and the lack of it from some quarters is just about as outrageous.
06-05-2004 08:45 PM
MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Charged with war crimes :rolleyes: And who exactly is going to be the police on this one, oh yeah that would be the Americans, but they couldnt actually arrest themselves. This just goes to show how the U.N. and other international organizations are just a waste of time. If there was truly an international organization, every country in the world would feel the pressure to conform to international, however this situation does not exist so any idea about charges is riddicoulus.
06-05-2004 09:09 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Point missed entirely.
06-06-2004 09:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.