KSU Football
Bookmark and Share
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State

i dont understand....the poll is actually close. i mean mens soccer? i know we need it for the conference in all..but comeon. and why the hell would we add swimming and diving? what a waste of money. football should be a must...but if we didnt add it..we could at least add a hockey team. that would be pretty cool.
03-21-2007 11:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nick M Offline
1st String

I don't know either unless everyone that plays in the pick up games on Sundays are going online. I can't believe the amount of people they get for those games.
03-21-2007 11:51 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

i heard about those pickup games. which also makes me wonder when were going to get some new intramural fields. u hear anything about that nick?
03-21-2007 11:56 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

nada, just the new parking lot/building going up in the burress lots. That's the next project. The auditorium is taking longer than I expected to complete. Seems to be in a similar holding pattern the Convocation Center was in. Unlike the social sci building which was put up like a pop-tent only larger and more permanent.

Other building projects slated soon are the old gym additions or subtractions with the pool. Trying to put a permanent floor down in the convocation center. I would hope to see the roof reinforced so we could get a jumbotron/scoreboard in the center. I believe they have/had one that costed a ton of money but the roof couldn't support it.

Umm, permanent soccer stands are needed, bleechers make it feel like a weekend at Noonday Park.

Signage needed, doesn't have to be electronic, just better than the shabby ones they have now for baseball/softball (and i would like to add basketball)

I'm sure there's plenty of things to throw money at. A skywalk from frey lake parking lot (waffle house) to 2nd story staircase parking deck. Expanding across one of the streets (office parks over chastain or Big Shanty. Sidewalk from east deck to soccer/baseball fields

Pretty sure most if not all of this has not been talked about but needs to happen.
03-21-2007 12:06 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

we actually had a scoreboard for the center? wonder what it looked like.

i know they plan on renovating the soccer field not sure when. the baseball stadium needs it 2.

i thought the health science building was going to be next...well whatever..in 5 years our campus is going to be huge.
03-21-2007 01:09 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

http://www.ksusentinel.com/index.php?opt...&Itemid=1\

There's your answer. I knew they were running this story sooner or later.
03-21-2007 03:31 PM
Jeremo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Great article, it even mentioned football. I also had an idea to cut down on parking at KSU. Many schools in the state, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Georgia Southern, and Georgia State all have public transportation. I know at Georgia Southern, when I was there( and before they had public transportation), you could not get a parking space on campus if you lived in certain apartment complexes that were a certain distance from campus. What if KSU started public transportation and made it mandatory for students who lived in apt complexes like the ones on Busbee. The buses could even head down to the apts on Barrett Lakes. Maybe some people prefer to drive and get frustrated for such relatively short distances but I know I would want to hop on a bus at a scheduled time and not have to worry about parking and just be let out on campus. Probably a lot closer to a building than some of parking decks, especially the north deck. Anyone have any thoughts. Just think Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech have them and they are smaller schools by population that KSU.
03-21-2007 09:41 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

everytime i read that football stuff it makes me smile. i'm glad our school is growing and continuing to want more.
03-22-2007 12:15 AM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Yes I love it when they talk about football!
03-23-2007 12:23 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

From Papp's State of the University speech today, I was told they will know a lot more after this study and is willing to talk about it for the campus. So we'll see. Here's to hoping *toast*
03-28-2007 10:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.