Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anybody hear that noise?
Bookmark and Share
Rockets7 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Listen everyone...what is that noise coming from the south? Oh, I think I hear it, oh that's right, it's the sound of the BG faithful sweeping criminal behavior under the rug. That's fine, make excuses. That's what we did with Jesse Anderson. Oh, that's right, no we didn't. That's okay, I am sure that these criminals, I mean fine, upstanding players had no option but to fight.
Lack of class ==> 03-puke
03-23-2004 08:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

Rockets7 Wrote:Listen everyone...what is that noise coming from the south? Oh, I think I hear it, oh that's right, it's the sound of the BG faithful sweeping criminal behavior under the rug. That's fine, make excuses. That's what we did with Jesse Anderson. Oh, that's right, no we didn't. That's okay, I am sure that these criminals, I mean fine, upstanding players had no option but to fight.
"Hear" is the key word. This happened on Saturday and we have already heard about...not like up north where these things seem to surface months down the road.

And before you get too excited, the players involved were helping the campus officials who were trying to break up the fight and will more than likely be exhonerated in this incident. 05-nono
03-24-2004 10:01 AM
Rockets7 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Ehhh, it doesn't matter. A report could come out that during a drug raid at BGC, 90% of the of the football team was caught smoking crack. The Toledo Blade and the BG faithful would begin spinning and the end result would be that the football team was a group of heroes for taking crack off of the streets, making for a safer society...or something like that. Keep spinning, it is understandable.
03-24-2004 12:37 PM
Rockets7 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Of course, the next article in the Blade would be titled "Blade reporters say that the world really is round. This much we know and we plan to find evidence later."
03-24-2004 12:40 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Rockets7 Wrote:Ehhh, it doesn't matter. A report could come out that during a drug raid at BGC, 90% of the of the football team was caught smoking crack. The Toledo Blade and the BG faithful would begin spinning and the end result would be that the football team was a group of heroes for taking crack off of the streets, making for a safer society...or something like that. Keep spinning, it is understandable.
Well, since you seem to know exactly what happened then let's hear it........

ECHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-24-2004 12:55 PM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Rockets7 Wrote:Listen everyone...what is that noise coming from the south?  Oh, I think I hear it, oh that's right, it's the sound of the BG faithful sweeping criminal behavior under the rug.  That's fine, make excuses.  That's what we did with Jesse Anderson.  Oh, that's right, no we didn't.  That's okay, I am sure that these criminals, I mean fine, upstanding players had no option but to fight.
Some of you Rockette fans are pathetic. Jovon Burkes and Jenkins Reese were helping campus police break up a fight at the student union. Jovon Burkes tackled a guy that was about to punch a campus cop. READ what happened....if you know how to read. Burkes is a SR this year and was a captain as a JR.

I see how you'd like to somehow spin this in your favor but it won't work. But hey, if it makes you feel better to spout off without knowing what happened, go for it. Seems to me you are desperately reaching for ANYTHING to nail BG. Your problem is there is NOTHING! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And then you say it doesn't matter? You're damn right it doesn't cuz NOTHING happened like you say.

Still doesn't change the fact that numerous UT players have been arrested over the last few years....and for serious offenses. Making baseless attacks on BG to try and make up for you own troubles is comical, to say the least!
03-lol

Nice try, rockette boy!

03-lol 03-wink

BTW, if ANYONE should know about a lack of class, its you!
03-24-2004 03:03 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Gee, for a bunch of guys that delight in gloating over every problem that UT ever has, you sure don't seem to like when it comes back to haunt you, do you?

A month ago, BG fans couldn't stop talking about 1 kid getting in trouble and a coach leaving. Now, when they have 2 kids in trouble and a coach leaving they don't want to hear about it. Freakin' hilarious. 03-lol

The truth of the matter is that whether at UT or BG, kids will get into trouble now and then...and they will be dealt with properly. It's the schools that don't deal with these problems that should be the target of our scorn. Then again, if you want to cast the first stone, don't cry about it when it comes back on you.
03-24-2004 03:24 PM
Quote this message in a reply
TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

Falconfreak90 Wrote:Some of you Rockette fans are pathetic. Jovon Burkes and Jenkins Reese were helping campus police break up a fight at the student union. Jovon Burkes tackled a guy that was about to punch a campus cop. READ what happened....if you know how to read. Burkes is a SR this year and was a captain as a JR.
Is security that bad at BG that the campus police need to enlist the football players help, when parties on campus go bad? So this is what the typical BG student can look forward to? getting punched by football players in front of campus police at university events. :rolleyes: sounds like a safe school to attend. 03-lol
03-24-2004 05:12 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

At least we can keep people off of the goalposts and prevent certain tragedies.

Also, at the Northern Illinois game for some reason there was a UT campus cop there and when I asked him about helping me find a lost set of car keys he looked like a deer in the headlights and had no clue what to do. Maybe he was there to learn how to control a crowd.
03-25-2004 09:43 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

How often do you ever have enough fans to tear down a goalpost, much less a reason?
03-25-2004 10:17 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Gee...I dunno...maybe beating a Top-25 ranked team in Nothern Illinois and clinching the MAC West title over some team who's name escapes me right now by a score of 31-23. :ownd:

That begs the question though...how many drunk college students does it take to tear down a goal post anyway?
03-25-2004 11:36 AM
Advertisement

Rockets7 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I would say it takes a lot of students to tear down a goal post, judging by the effort that was put into the posts last year. BTW, I think that your best win last year was against Purdue. Atleast to me, that was the most impressive. Your win against NIU...well Gameday was there and your team was hyped up. Without Gameday, probably would have been different, atleast the score would have been closer. The Toledo game, well how could you expect to lose after playing a turf team on a field that you had watered for the week leading up to the game? The Purdue game on the otherhand...impressive.
03-25-2004 12:15 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Rockets7 Wrote:Your win against NIU...well Gameday was there and your team was hyped up. Without Gameday, probably would have been different, atleast the score would have been closer.
The score wouldn't have been any closer if NIU still played the way we did.
03-25-2004 12:44 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Rockets7 Wrote:I would say it takes a lot of students to tear down a goal post, judging by the effort that was put into the posts last year. BTW, I think that your best win last year was against Purdue. Atleast to me, that was the most impressive. Your win against NIU...well Gameday was there and your team was hyped up. Without Gameday, probably would have been different, atleast the score would have been closer. The Toledo game, well how could you expect to lose after playing a turf team on a field that you had watered for the week leading up to the game? The Purdue game on the otherhand...impressive.
Oh yeah...I forgot that you played on the side of field we watered down.

Bring something new to the table please...we would have scored 40+ points on your arses with a dry field and still would have won so get over it please. Funny, we must have watered down the grass practice fields too because they were also wet. Good thing we have that never ending supply of water in Poe Ditch :D

Don't blame us because you play on a painted rock.
03-25-2004 12:50 PM
Rockets7 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I don't know how it happened exactly, but I was told that Coach Brandon is a part time farmer (apparently in order to live in BG you have to be a farmer?) and he wheeled in one of those huge sprinkler-on-wheels things that you see in the country. You are right though, it doesn't matter. The end result was a BG win no matter what path was taken to achieve it.
03-25-2004 12:58 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Redwingtom Wrote:Gee...I dunno...maybe beating a Top-25 ranked team in Nothern Illinois and clinching the MAC West title over some team who's name escapes me right now by a score of 31-23. :ownd:

That begs the question though...how many drunk college students does it take to tear down a goal post anyway?
Again, foolio, how OFTEN does that happen?
03-25-2004 01:55 PM
Advertisement

Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Oddball Wrote:Gee, for a bunch of guys that delight in gloating over every problem that UT ever has, you sure don't seem to like when it comes back to haunt you, do you?

A month ago, BG fans couldn't stop talking about 1 kid getting in trouble and a coach leaving. Now, when they have 2 kids in trouble and a coach leaving they don't want to hear about it. Freakin' hilarious.  03-lol

The truth of the matter is that whether at UT or BG, kids will get into trouble now and then...and they will be dealt with properly. It's the schools that don't deal with these problems that should be the target of our scorn. Then again, if you want to cast the first stone, don't cry about it when it comes back on you.
Nice try Oddball....won't fly here. These two players were not involved like Rocket7 tried to portray them to be. And any problems we might have to deal with in the future pale in comparision to the many problems UT players have come into. Numnutz is a classic "Don't worry about it...we'll find a way around it" coach. I know kids get in trouble at every school. But for Rocket7 to imply we have a serious problem over what he "heard" is freakin hilarious.
Again, trying to create a situation to cover up your many problems is comical. The thing is UT players make it too easy to see!

So our DB coach is leaving....I don't have a problem with that. The guy got an offer from Notre Dame. He was here 1 year and is gone...coaching turnover happens all the time.
The important thing is Brandon, Beckman, Studrawa, Bowers, Ward and the likes are all here.
If you read back thru the posts, you'll see the only thing I said about the OL coach at UT leaving for UCF was he must have been a solid coach...look at UT's solid O line every year.

And how ironic is it that its ok for UT to bash Marshall about their problem players when UT has just as bad, if not worse, a problem. :rolleyes: Take a good, hard look in the mirror at yourselves. Or maybe you have and you don't like what you see?
03-25-2004 02:03 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

You actually see it like that? LOFL! I always had you pegged as one of the smarter ones.

Btw, you're as full of ****** as can be on this issue. Comparing Toledo to Marshall? Get a phucking grip.
03-25-2004 03:10 PM
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

Redwingtom Wrote:
Rockets7 Wrote:I would say it takes a lot of students to tear down a goal post, judging by the effort that was put into the posts last year.  BTW, I think that your best win last year was against Purdue.  Atleast to me, that was the most impressive.  Your win against NIU...well Gameday was there and your team was hyped up.  Without Gameday, probably would have been different, atleast the score would have been closer.  The Toledo game, well how could you expect to lose after playing a turf team on a field that you had watered for the week leading up to the game?  The Purdue game on the otherhand...impressive.
Oh yeah...I forgot that you played on the side of field we watered down.

Bring something new to the table please...we would have scored 40+ points on your arses with a dry field and still would have won so get over it please. Funny, we must have watered down the grass practice fields too because they were also wet. Good thing we have that never ending supply of water in Poe Ditch :D

Don't blame us because you play on a painted rock.
Redwintom, on a dry field the Falcons couldn't put up enough points to win that game. But they didn't play on a dry field. BG played an outstanding 2nd half, made some great adjustments, and won the West as a result. Congratulations (and I mean that). And enjoy it while it lasted...Toledo's taking it back this year (and I mean that too).
03-25-2004 05:13 PM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Oddball Wrote:You actually see it like that? LOFL! I always had you pegged as one of the smarter ones.

Btw, you're as full of ****** as can be on this issue. Comparing Toledo to Marshall? Get a phucking grip.
I have a grip there Oddy....see it as you will, through your blue and gold glasses. Fact is UT has had numerous players in trouble lately and not just for beating up a drive thru window. Can you really sit there and say UT's player problems have not been to the extent of Marshall's the last few seasons?? If you can, you must be totally blind and/or in denial. I don't recall Pinkel's players getting in trouble like Numnutz's.

The main reason I replied to this post was the supposed "criminals" at BGSU....and how a rockette fan can point a finger at a situation in which he's clueless (that doesn't surprise me...a rockette fan being clueless).

Then it hit me....with all the recent problems UT's players have had off the field, this choch was looking for anything, I mean anything, to pin on BG. He heard a story and thought "I've got 'em on this!". He couldn't stand BG winning and doing it with student athletes that conduct themselves ( 99.9% of the time) in a proper manner.
Of course he failed to make sure he had the facts. This led to a rebuttal.

Everyone here knows that kids at ALL schools make stupid decisions and mistakes. I won't be so naive to think they don't.
BUT, BG simply does not have a problem with maintaining high conduct standars for its student athletes.
IF a BG player decides he or she is gonna do what they want, regardless if rules or laws are broken, that player will be disciplined. Period. There was a football player kicked off the team last yr before spring ball for smoking blunts.

But we are accused of "Sweeping something under the rug''.

Believe what you want....you will anyway. 03-wink

Oddy, you have an aggressive personality don't you?
03-26-2004 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.