Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

'Belt/WAC schools in contact with the Alliance...
Bookmark and Share
OwlFamily Offline
FAU's Defender of the Faith.

I Root For: FAU OWLS!
'Belt/WAC schools in contact with the Alliance...
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...mwc-league

It's still unknown what the new Conference USA/Mountain West league will look like – or will be called – when C-USA and the MWC dissolve and create their new league, but one thing is certain: there are a lot of schools interested in joining.

College football industry sources told CBSSports.com that as many as 11 schools, including each member of the Western Athletic Conference, have contacted either C-USA or the MWC or has been contacted about their interest in the new league.

The schools that have been in contact with either league are: Idaho, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, San Jose State, Texas State, Texas-San Antonio and Utah State from the WAC; Florida Atlantic, Florida International and North Texas from the Sun Belt; and Charlotte from the Atlantic 10.....[/u]
03-13-2012 08:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

asumike83 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
RE: 'Belt/WAC schools in contact with the Alliance...
It seems a bit ambiguous because it does not differentiate between who reached out to C-USA/MWC and who was contacted by the conference. I'm sure there are many schools other than just the 11 mentioned who have contacted C-USA about joining but that may not mean much. I'd be interested to know which of them was contacted about possible membership by the conference. That would give us a much better idea about who is a serious candidate.

Either way, I'm just ready for the ball to start rolling already so we can see how this all shakes out.
03-13-2012 08:09 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FAU's Defender of the Faith.

I Root For: FAU OWLS!
I have no idea if the Alliance is going to be good/work out or not. I am happy that FAU is being proactive and at least discussing its options. Any AD/Administration that is not doing that is doing its program a crap job.
03-13-2012 08:17 AM
WKUTopFlight Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
(03-13-2012 08:17 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  I have no idea if the Alliance is going to be good/work out or not. I am happy that FAU is being proactive and at least discussing its options. Any AD/Administration that is not doing that is doing its program a crap job.

I agree. Got to look into it and see what is going on. We only know just a few details of what is going on from the press releases
03-13-2012 08:54 AM

bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(03-13-2012 08:17 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  I have no idea if the Alliance is going to be good/work out or not. I am happy that FAU is being proactive and at least discussing its options. Any AD/Administration that is not doing that is doing its program a crap job.

i want fau over fiu but due to the market it looks like the idiots want fiu. if we get stuck with fiu i hope we get fau as well.
03-13-2012 06:48 PM
NCowl Offline
Beltbbs FAU Football INsider

I Root For: FAU
(03-13-2012 06:48 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

i want fau over fiu but due to the market it looks like the idiots want fiu. if we get stuck with fiu i hope we get fau as well.

Are you "PIMPING" our school (FAU) school over here?

Thanks Blad!! 04-cheers
03-14-2012 09:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
LOL...
03-14-2012 09:35 AM

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Careful "pimping" schools over there, they'll ban you. 05-stirthepot

UAB fan would not be happy to be in the same conference with Hoover High, it is just another team they wouldn't be able to beat.
03-14-2012 10:38 AM
FlyHawk98 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
I would like to take FAU over FIU as well. I really like what I see in FAU.

I think the Sun Belt is a good quality conference that gets over looked. I don't make the rules, but it's obvious some of you will be coming to the alliance. I hope the following come to the alliance and in this order:

Middle Tennessee State (obviously good bball, good market, and helps travel for Marshall and ECU)

Western Kentucky (great bball, on the rise in football, new state for alliance)

FAU (new stadium, obvious recruiting in Florida, good market)

North Texas (not my first choice for selfish reasons aka, to far from Marshall for me., obvious choice b/c of facilities and market)

Ark. State (brings in a new state to the alliance, football is driving the expansion bus and you just hired a big time coach)

I would be happy with all 5 of the schools listed above. Or you guys constantly bring up CUSA East joining the Belt. The problem isn't with the schools listed above its some of the others. I wouldn't mind to see CUSA East split off with the teams above and form a new conference, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
03-14-2012 03:31 PM
GoBigRed26 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: stAte
(03-14-2012 03:31 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  I would like to take FAU over FIU as well. I really like what I see in FAU.

So the 1-11 record and 3rd worst attendance in the belt impressed you that much?

They do have a beautiful stadium and are in a great location though
03-14-2012 03:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.