Temple coming to Big East?
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Temple coming to Big East?
(02-26-2012 04:36 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(02-25-2012 12:13 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(02-23-2012 02:19 PM)indycat Wrote:  Temple brings Top 25 basketball with strong tradition. Owl football teams the past two years were better than any they fielded during their previous dismal run in the conference. Of the available programs, they're a good bet in a top five market. I'm sure it's a sad day on Victory Parkway too. The folks at X believe they're an academic and athletic peer of Notre Dame, Georgetown, 'Nova and Marquette. A double whammy as the best team leaves the hapless A-10 and reality hits for X--they will not be invited to the big boy table once again.

The Owl have yet to beat a MAC team with a winning record after 5 years in the Conference. 0-5 the past 2 seasons. The MAC East has been called the worst division in FBS FB.

Troll, troll, troll your boat. I know you're butthurt, but you'll get over it 02-13-banana

Not exactly my friend. I was pretty tight with UC FB, BB players and staff during the Metro days. The two places I lived @UC -one was near Acropolis Chili and the other- Ohio Ave & McMillan. At one point, my bedroom window actually looked down into Nippert. Not exactly a troll.
03-04-2012 04:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KCat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Any word on Temple???
Last week there has an article about Boise being upset with the additions of Memphis
and Temple [they wanted more western teams].. They also have an out in their contract that would allow them to not join the BE without penalty.. That is why I think it makes sense to rethink the footprint of the league and consider East Carolina and Southern Miss..
03-06-2012 12:11 PM
subflea Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
East Carolina and Southern Miss are not in consideration now or anytime soon. If you put them anywhere other than Greenville and Hatiesburg and maybe they get a legitimate look. As long as their campuses are in those two cities, they do not add enough to the upcoming TV contract to be considered.
03-06-2012 12:18 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-06-2012 12:11 PM)KCat Wrote:  Any word on Temple???
Last week there has an article about Boise being upset with the additions of Memphis
and Temple [they wanted more western teams].. They also have an out in their contract that would allow them to not join the BE without penalty.. That is why I think it makes sense to rethink the footprint of the league and consider East Carolina and Southern Miss..

East Carolina and Southern Miss just scream out "Mid Major"
03-06-2012 12:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Boca Rocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-06-2012 12:18 PM)subflea Wrote:  East Carolina and Southern Miss are not in consideration now or anytime soon. If you put them anywhere other than Greenville and Hatiesburg and maybe they get a legitimate look. As long as their campuses are in those two cities, they do not add enough to the upcoming TV contract to be considered.

I guess Gainesville with the 163rd TV would leave UF out. More to the picture than local media market size.
03-06-2012 02:47 PM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Boise can cry and go home, I hope they do eventually. Marshall and UMass are better fits than ECU and Southern Miss because they are in the footprint of the conference. Fight for a football playoff and make basketbal strong.
03-06-2012 02:53 PM
subflea Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(03-06-2012 02:47 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 12:18 PM)subflea Wrote:  East Carolina and Southern Miss are not in consideration now or anytime soon. If you put them anywhere other than Greenville and Hatiesburg and maybe they get a legitimate look. As long as their campuses are in those two cities, they do not add enough to the upcoming TV contract to be considered.

I guess Gainesville with the 163rd TV would leave UF out. More to the picture than local media market size.

You are really going to compare UF to Southern Miss and ECU? UF has a large market that extends outside Gainesville, USM and ECU, not so much. When it comes to the current expansion of the Big East, market size is by far one of the most important factors.
03-06-2012 03:37 PM
Bearcat2012 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Temple's (reported) Big East Deal:
MAC gets $6 million, Big East gets Temple football for 2012
Temple gets $2.5 million loan from BE
A10 gets a year's notice and $1 million
Temple plays 2 hoop games vs. MAC teams and one football game vs. a MAC team (presumably UMass this season)
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 04:54 PM by Bearcat2012.)
03-06-2012 04:54 PM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(03-06-2012 02:47 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

I hope this was some attempt at humor.
03-06-2012 06:22 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
I Text and Drive

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Let em in and let's get em scheduled for NEXT YEAR....rather play Temple than a second FCS team
03-06-2012 10:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.