Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Let Tech Starve...
Bookmark and Share
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
RE: Let Tech Starve...
(08-28-2010 02:17 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  and everything in those pics proves my point about your campus, the buildings all look like army barracks. they are dated and just plain ugly with the exception of your clock tower. Every part of our campus and our facilities are surrounded by rolling pines and blooming tulips. I would be surprised if anything but wildflowers can even grow in N. Texas.

The only things that are proven is that you are a mindless flamer and total idiot.:odie:
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2010 08:46 AM by MG61.)
08-28-2010 08:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T_Won1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(08-28-2010 08:28 AM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  
(08-27-2010 11:21 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  first of all I didnt get any of that from that article. It sounds like just another pro ULM writer trying to as he says "speculate" "read between the lines". Trust I am sure that Tech will go Belt before going Independent but right now we are in a big wait and see and it would be stupid with the current landscape to move over to the Belt now when you might be moving again. When the dust settles if Tech is not in CUSA they will go belt. Can almost guarantee it, unless the WAC invites a whole lot of Texas teams and waves a carrot to get us to stay but I doubt it. All this die before Belt stuff is coming from fans not the administration. They would be stupid to actually say we will never be in the belt.

Sorry, you are 100% WRONG. This guy is the Tech beat writer, and his writings are anything but pro ULM or SBC.

He had a choice though. He could have chosen to play 4 hours West in the plush facilities at North Texas. He chose the dump in the middle of nowhere though.
08-28-2010 09:07 AM
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
(08-28-2010 09:07 AM)T_Won1 Wrote:  
(08-28-2010 08:28 AM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  
(08-27-2010 11:21 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  first of all I didnt get any of that from that article. It sounds like just another pro ULM writer trying to as he says "speculate" "read between the lines". Trust I am sure that Tech will go Belt before going Independent but right now we are in a big wait and see and it would be stupid with the current landscape to move over to the Belt now when you might be moving again. When the dust settles if Tech is not in CUSA they will go belt. Can almost guarantee it, unless the WAC invites a whole lot of Texas teams and waves a carrot to get us to stay but I doubt it. All this die before Belt stuff is coming from fans not the administration. They would be stupid to actually say we will never be in the belt.

Sorry, you are 100% WRONG. This guy is the Tech beat writer, and his writings are anything but pro ULM or SBC.

He had a choice though. He could have chosen to play 4 hours West in the plush facilities at North Texas. He chose the dump in the middle of nowhere though.

His choice was to follow the coach, plain and simple.
08-28-2010 09:13 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
If these pics of La Tech are so old....please provide us with new ones. I'm really curious about those 'lush trees and rolling hills'.
08-28-2010 09:19 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
(08-27-2010 04:44 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  And this my friends is the rare gem that keeps me from killing Drew for the sake of the species. 03-lmfao

He's the Dave Kingman of posters and odds are there are three of you who get that reference.

Every board needs someone to kick around....Drew is our resident kicking bag. Though....if he starts talking about my mother again, I may have to make a stop in Memphis during the next ASU home game.

Kingman reference.....nah.....didn't get that one. I'm not a baseball fan at all. Had to look it up.
Quote:During his final year in Oakland in 1986, Kingman sent a live rat wrapped in a pink box to Sue Fornoff, a sportswriter for the Sacramento Bee newspaper. The rat had a tag attached to it that read, "My name is Sue." Fornoff claimed that Kingman had told her that women do not belong in the clubhouse, and that he harassed her several times since he began covering the team the year before. For his part, Kingman claimed it was practical joke. The A's fined Kingman $3,500 and warned that he would be released if a similar incident occurred again.
08-28-2010 09:23 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(08-28-2010 09:23 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(08-27-2010 04:44 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  And this my friends is the rare gem that keeps me from killing Drew for the sake of the species. 03-lmfao

He's the Dave Kingman of posters and odds are there are three of you who get that reference.

Every board needs someone to kick around....Drew is our resident kicking bag. Though....if he starts talking about my mother again, I may have to make a stop in Memphis during the next ASU home game.

Kingman reference.....nah.....didn't get that one. I'm not a baseball fan at all. Had to look it up.
Quote:During his final year in Oakland in 1986, Kingman sent a live rat wrapped in a pink box to Sue Fornoff, a sportswriter for the Sacramento Bee newspaper. The rat had a tag attached to it that read, "My name is Sue." Fornoff claimed that Kingman had told her that women do not belong in the clubhouse, and that he harassed her several times since he began covering the team the year before. For his part, Kingman claimed it was practical joke. The A's fined Kingman $3,500 and warned that he would be released if a similar incident occurred again.

i was just messin', bro...the arkst.com board is my home away from home...great fans over there...

i only mess with em cause i like em...
08-28-2010 01:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CajunFan89 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UL
(08-27-2010 11:28 PM)EdisonDoyle Wrote:  
(08-27-2010 02:46 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Remember CUSA of 2004 ain't the CUSA of 2010. They aren't making near the basketball money they made before and many of the units earned since were earned under an NCAA cloud. ESPN slashed their money for 2005 and their exposures and rumor-mill indicates they will be very lucky if they just hold on to the TV dollars they have now, but if they lose a team or two, they will lose dollars in the next contract.

Their premier bowl is the Liberty and their newest contract provides for a method for the Liberty to send the champ to Birmingham and pit Big East vs SEC in the Liberty.

But what C-USA has is higher profile universities than the sunbelt, pretty much across the board (there are 1 or 2 exceptions). That's why teams want to go to C-USA. That's really why La Tech wants to go to C-USA.

And that's ultimately what keeps C-USA's TV contract in pretty good stead and basically the same as the MWC's despite the MWC's on the field superiority and your (inaccurate) pronouncements for the last several years that the TV deal would turn to squat.

The sunbelt certainly could overcome that by fielding great football teams...but they haven't yet. That's what Boise State did. Low profile schools that plays great football.
Boise also sucks at every other sport other than football.
08-28-2010 05:33 PM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

(08-28-2010 09:19 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  If these pics of La Tech are so old....please provide us with new ones. I'm really curious about those 'lush trees and rolling hills'.

These are from the official Tech site:

http://www.latechsports.com/facilities/latc-jas.html
08-28-2010 06:21 PM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

08-28-2010 06:25 PM
CajunFan89 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UL
(08-28-2010 06:25 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  and this is the future look:

http://www.latechsports.com/questforexce...-zone.html

tech is trying to go for that University of Washington look with the field surrounded by forrest thing. when is the estimated time tech will begin working on this project or has it already begun? i'm not talking about planning and whatnot, but about ground breaking and foundation laying
08-28-2010 06:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2014 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.