Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

B1G Hockey is starting to get really good, but Minnesota fans still hate it.
Bookmark and Share
Big Ron Buckeye Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: THE Ohio State
B1G Hockey is starting to get really good, but Minnesota fans still hate it.
So Minnesota & Wisconsin, both traditional powers from way back, don't make the NCAA hockey tournament and the league still gets 4 teams in... I'd say that's a pretty competitive league. Even if you say that Notre Dame is Johnny come lately and you don't really consider them a B1G team... We still got 3 of 6 in.
At any rate... We've got 2 #1 seeds and a fairly good chance to make noise as a conference in the tournament.
Which leads to my second point. Minnesota, which is and should be the flagship program in the B1G, according to my understanding still hates the B1G Hockey conference. So as I see it their issue isn't really the lack of competitiveness as much as the loss of longtime and "bus trip" rivals. I understand that but given that the B1G isnt going anywhere, I say schedule North Dakota and the 4 other Minnesota schools Out of Conference annually. The schedule would be brutal and beautiful at the same time. Minnesota would have a full slate of confer3nce opponents and at least one game per year with close rivals. Not exactly the best of both worlds but certainly a decent compromise.
Another random thought. It seems to my eye that Wisconsin has suffered far more in terms of Attendance at games and program prestige in the move to the B1G than Minnesota.
Anyway hockey lovers... Tell me what you think.
03-20-2018 08:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
B1G Hockey is starting to get really good, but Minnesota fans still hate it. - Big Ron Buckeye - 03-20-2018 08:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.