Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mobile city councilwoman has plans for new USA stadium
Bookmark and Share
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: Mobile city councilwoman has plans for new USA stadium
(02-02-2018 07:57 PM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  I'm on board with this as long as USA is in complete control of all operating activities. The City of Mobile has shown that they cannot manage concessions at Ladd, so I don't want them with any control over something like that again.

That's an easy fix. Just have the city cede concession management to USA or its agent and split the proceeds with the city in the same ratio as the investment.

I'd also ensure that USA retained all parking receipts and control.

----

Here's how it would work

A board, with seats that are in proportion to the investment (which means USA would control it) would handle all management issues related to the stadium. The original agreement would specify that a supermajority would be required (at least 1 vote from a City board member) in order to change the financial allocations or the scheduling allocations (to protect the city) outside of the subsequent investment provision below, but other than that, it would be a 50% plus one vote, meaning that it is USA that is in control.

I think the City/County wouldn't mind that. Because, they

1) Are no longer spending millions to prop up Ladd. They'd still be spending millions but they'd be getting something they could actually compete with other cities with in return
2) They get a state of the art facility to keep the DG Bowl and the Senior Bowl and they get to try and compete for events using a NEW facility
3) The city no longer has to effectively subsidize the school systems' athletic program

Now, there is one open issue. The issue of maintenance and subsequent investments in the facility. Ok, here's how it would work. The vote to make improvements or additional investments shall be made on a 50% plus 1 vote. Meaning USA will decide. If the City does not elect to invest in the same proportion as the City, then the City will lose some of its percentage gate, its scheduled usage, its board seats and its ownership. Easy enough. By the way, I don't think the City will care about this either, because they really don't care so long as the Senior Bowl and DG Bowl are protected and they no longer have to subsidize Ladd.

By the way, the requested investment from the City works out to about 13 bucks a person up front and about 3 dollars a year per capita after that.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 08:23 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
02-02-2018 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mobile city councilwoman has plans for new USA stadium - Tom in Lazybrook - 02-02-2018 08:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.