ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

We should re-brand ourselves as "757". What are your thoughts?
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: We should re-brand ourselves as "757". What are your thoughts?
(01-11-2018 10:40 PM)xxxoduxxx Wrote:  Instead of "Virginia map" or "ODU Athlete logo" on the court in middle, can we rebrand ourselves as "757" instead? 757 is known for athletes.

I think local athletes would love to go represent the "757" brand rather than the bad "old dominion university" logo or "ODU" logo, or Virginia map" logo. Also, I think they would choose: "757" rather than "VA tech or UVA".

What are your thoughts?

VT has always taken pride their 757 guys, acknowledging them etc, and I don't think theres much we can do to out recruit them. Maybe if we beat them a few years in a row and get comparable facilities we can snag a couple here and there.

Its an interesting idea, however, a big part of why a college has a sports program is to help promote the school. Thats why for many years the school insisted we be called "Old Dominion" rather than "ODU". For that reason I think 757 on center court would (and should) be a non-starter. However, I do think we should embrace the 757 thing and try to establish ourselves as the 757 home team. Perhaps stickers on the football helmets, similar to those p6 stickers on the AAC teams. Maybe a patch sewn onto jerseys, or painted into corners on the court.. something to get people talking anyway. But the emphasis rightfully should be Old Dominion or ODU, thats the school, thats who the teams represent first.
01-11-2018 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: We should re-brand ourselves as "757". What are your thoughts? - monarx - 01-11-2018 10:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.