Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gus Malzahn wants 8-team playoff
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
RE: Gus Malzahn wants 8-team playoff
(01-11-2018 07:26 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 06:36 PM)JHS55 Wrote:  Gosh, this is all hogwash
College football is much bigger than just 5 conferences that have most everything and they want to eliminate all who is not p5 and have their own champion, this much we know is true
So, what happens with the other 5 conferences?
It seems most g5 people are ok with only one team to represent all 63 teams in this p5 league playoffs, how demeaning!
If the g5 completely split off from the NCAA and just create their own division with a real playoff and hope to god NBC or whoever puts up enough money to make a real go at it and mybe some day both FBS D1 divisions will play a collegiate “ super bowl” for all sports really and what about the Olympic sports ?
It would no longer be “ g5”, it would be “G power”
This is my dream and I approve of my dream
Ok, how many of ya think this is stupid ?

26 of those 63 have only been in the top division 25 years or less, with 15 of those 15 years or less. 42 of those 63 have been in Division I for a shorter time than every member of the P5. UL was the most recent, in 1962. FSU is the next most recent at 1955. All the rest of the P5 are WWII or earlier. Only SMU, Rice, Navy (and Army and BYU who aren't technically G5), Colorado St., New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah St., Tulane, UTEP and Tulsa have been around that long from outside the P5. The G5 generally do not have the fan support or investment in the game the P5 do.
So you seem to be saying that there is no room for growth in the g power because these teams haven’t been around long enough to have a fan base and not enough money ?, well then I say it’s time to start a new division and let nature take its course, I think it’s better to start something new than to continue being held down by the current powers to be, there is power out there for the g power to go and get it
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 07:51 PM by JHS55.)
01-11-2018 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gus Malzahn wants 8-team playoff - JHS55 - 01-11-2018 07:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.