Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB: Akron at Toledo game thread
Bookmark and Share
temoxley Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: WBB: Akron at Toledo game thread
(01-04-2018 04:04 PM)hwut1 Wrote:  Beacham does not have the footwork to guard at the college level YET! Just as it took Richardson and McIntyre to develop during their freshmen years she will. Right now not vocal enough on defense to guide the perimeter players. Overall the team defense has been very good. Every team will score against any other team. That is just part of the game. Give the coaches credit for knowing their players and other teams match ups. Loved the adjustment at half time on offense. Moved McIntyre out more on the perimeter to screen and role to the basket. Stopped Akron from sagging in on her and others every time the ball went inside in the first half. That made a big difference in the second half offense. Again freshmen in most sports are not game ready early in the season. Different game from high school. Different pace, offenses and defenses.
I think a lot of credit should go to the Akron coaching staff for the good game plan they put together.

If you look through the rosters of the other MAC teams there is at least one freshman making a difference on most teams. Ohio U, which overwhelmed our defense in the second and third quarters of that game has three freshmen and three sophomores in their eight player rotation. And its not early in the season anymore. The Eastern game will be the 15th game, half way through the year. So if any one of the young players is going to make a difference this year it had better start soon. And two of the new players this year are not freshmen. The JC transfer I think is in her fourth year of college basketball. Bottom line for me is I have great respect for coach Cullop and her staff. But I would suspect we all agree that since the Dayton game this team has regressed and is certainly underperforming. Their two glaring weaknesses are scoring and rebounding and as I look down the bench the only player I see who potentially addresses these two problem areas is Beacham. If the struggle again against Eastern (or lose) it could be a long stretch through Ohio again, Ball State, Northern Illinois and Buffalo.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2018 09:20 AM by temoxley.)
01-05-2018 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WBB: Akron at Toledo game thread - temoxley - 01-05-2018 08:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.