Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!!
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!!
(12-03-2017 05:24 PM)Win5002 Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 04:39 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Satan coming through with his end of the bargain with little Nicky or the epic butthurt of Ohio State fans whining about the same ruling that put THEM into the playoff over PSU last year....

Some days there are no winners

03-lmfao

In fair disclosure I am from the Midwest, and this isn't meant to be an anti-Alabama or SEC commentary but more of an anti-CFP process discussion. I also think PSU should have got in last year over OSU due to the head to head victory and winning the conference. BUT... there is a huge difference between the quality of wins OSU had last year in wins over
#14 OU at OU
#8 Wisconsin at Wisconsin
#3 Michigan

Alabama didn't have even close to the quality of wins this year the 2016 OSU team had.

Then we heard on the tv who would win heads up quoted repeatedly on ESPN yesterday. Who the heck knows! What quality win did Alabama have this year to tell you whether they would or wouldn't?

Could Alabama win the whole CFP? sure. Did they deserve to be in? Absolutely not! There is nothing on their schedule that says they deserved to be in. I would have been fine if they put USC in over both too. The only thing they can use to place Alabama in is to say they "think" or "feel" they are the best team. There is absolutely nothing based on the season to show that, even though its possible they could be.

You can't have the 3rd best team from any of the leagues in as a participant in only a 4 team college football playoff. I'm a fan who watches college football 11 a.m. to midnight every Saturday during the regular season. But now that the season is over, I for the most part turn off the debacle known as bowl games or post-season exhibition games, and while I'm curious to see how Oklahoma does I won't watch the the Alabama vs Clemson, nor will I watch if it is Alabama vs Ga. in the final(no offense to Ga.) When the CFP becomes the bias of human selection committee's or influenced by network desires it really devalues the sport. It makes me decide to watch a legitimate product the NFL more and more each year.

You seem like a nice guy so don't take this the wrong way, but the NFL is the least legitimate product on the tube. They are so illegitimate that they classify themselves as an entertainment business instead of a sports business.

Why do they do that? Because on every Sunday 85% of the NFL teams win against the closing line. The closing line shows which team had the most money bet on it. Gambling and the NFL are way to closely tied to be legitimate. So 85% of the time the house wins on the NFL. Let that sink in.

College ball has its flaws, and I'm sure gambling finds its way into it especially in the post season where there are so many ways to control spreads and chizzle the closing line what with coaching transfers, substandard match ups in bowls that create little or no interest for one of the teams, and Super Bowl like betting for the finals. But it is by no means the NFL.

From the time I was twelve until I was about 37 I followed the NFL faithfully. I did that until a friend of mine developed a gambling habit and a former bookie I happened to know (I just knew him I've never bet on games) showed my buddy the closing lines and the house take. It cured my buddy better than counseling could have. He realized he was a sucker.

The NFL pays what it does so that the players don't care about the post season. The chump change they get for that doesn't amount to 1% of what they earn and it just puts their bodies more at risk. Just look at the farce that the Pro Bowl became.

So while they do still like the Super Bowl because it enhances their endorsements, most of the postseason is just a drag on their bodies.

So be warned if you think you are finding the real deal in the NFL you are grossly mistaken.

Stick to your favorite college team. That's as close to the real deal as you are going to get.

As to the CFP, it is what it is, a mechanism for controlling advertising rates for the networks. I like the fact that 3 schools are coming from a 3 state area in the Southeast this year. Nothing will move us toward a champs only model faster than what is taking place now. Oklahoma will draw in Texas but basically this year there will be little interest West of the Mississippi River and North of the Mason Dixon line.

If that doesn't lite a fire under their butts nothing will. The only thing that happened this year is that Ohio State has twice been added when others seemed more deserving, the PAC was an exercise in mediocrity this year with USC losing by 35 to a Notre Dame squad that was blown out by Miami who was just blown out by Clemson, and nobody wanted to see Clemson hang 50 on Wisconsin. If you think Ohio State's speed was too much for the Badgers they would have seen nothing but taillights on the Clemson backs and receivers.

So Alabama was put in to try to make the Clemson game competitive. I have no idea how Georgia will do against OU or vice versa.

So that's my take. I'll stick to college ball for all of its faults because the NFL is the Professional Wrestling in pads.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 06:19 PM by JRsec.)
12-03-2017 06:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - USAFMEDIC - 12-03-2017, 12:44 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - murrdcu - 12-03-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - Win5002 - 12-03-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - USAFMEDIC - 12-03-2017, 06:34 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - Win5002 - 12-03-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - AllTideUp - 12-03-2017, 07:46 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - Win5002 - 12-03-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - AllTideUp - 12-03-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - Win5002 - 12-03-2017, 11:49 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - AllTideUp - 12-04-2017, 08:25 AM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - AllTideUp - 12-03-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - JRsec - 12-03-2017 06:12 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - Win5002 - 12-03-2017, 07:21 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - AllTideUp - 12-03-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - murrdcu - 12-03-2017, 08:29 PM
RE: Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - USAFMEDIC - 12-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Alabama Crimson Tide #4!!! - Lenvillecards - 12-14-2017, 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.