Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cleveland State @ Kent State
fallsdog Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
Cleveland State @ Kent State
The Flashes and Vikings square off on Saturday at the MAC Center. Tip time is set for 7:00PM. Cleveland State enters with a 2-4 record and is coming off a three point win over Arkansas State. The Vikings also defeated Coppin State earlier this season. The losses include Akron, Rutgers (70-38), East Carolina and Central Connecticut State.

CSU is paced by four double digit scorers including Kenny Carpenter (14.2ppg), Dontel Highsmith (12.8), Stefan Kenic (10.3ppg) and Bobby Word (10ppg).

Carpenter, a 6'5 senior from Detroit is also averaging 7.8 rebounds per game. Kenic is an interesting player. The 6'9 freshman from Belgrade, Serbia has completed at the national level in his home country. He appears to be a stretch four, who could create a match up problem for KSU.

Not sure this will be as heavily attended as Kent/Cleveland State matchups of the past considering that Wisconsin plays in the Big Ten Championship game at 8:00PM. But regardless of the crowd, it is always nice to get these bragging rights for the year.

Not only is this an opportunity for a home victory, but this is a Cleveland State team that Kent should beat. Akron, who I thought was in rebuilding mode, beat them by 10 at the JAR earlier this year. And while I know nothing about Central Connecticut State, I know that CSU lost to Central Connecticut State.
No matter where the current KSU squad is in their development, I have to think the Flashes have more talent on the floor than the Vikes.

A couple of things to watch. Will Walker play tomorrow? If not, that could change things for Kent State. It would be nice to see Mitch Peterson find his offensive form and for the Flashes to take advantage of CSU lack of depth in the post. Also would be nice to see De La Rosa stay out of foul trouble and clean up the glass for 27+ solid minutes.

Kent State 77
Cleveland State 63
the game will played in front of 2,784 fans at the MAC Center.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 10:00 AM by fallsdog.)
12-01-2017 07:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Cleveland State @ Kent State - fallsdog - 12-01-2017 07:52 AM
RE: Cleveland State @ Kent State - burden - 12-02-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: Cleveland State @ Kent State - Muskrat - 12-03-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: Cleveland State @ Kent State - Muskrat - 12-03-2017, 03:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.