Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mens's BSKB season ticket preview
mrbig Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: Mens's BSKB season ticket preview
(11-03-2017 07:39 AM)Kayjay Wrote:  The two graduate transfers that were brought in are likely to have marginal impact, not unlike Van Green did when he transferred to the Owls. Neither player was active during the 2016-2017 season.

I'm not sure that is a fair assessment. Neither Lapray or Jones was active due to injuries. If my memory serves correct, Van Green did not play at Columbia his last few years for reasons that were not injury-related.

Lapray averaged 11.4 mins/game in 2014-15 for #126 ranked Pepperdine (Kenpom) and 12.2 mins/game in 2015-16 when Pepperdine finished ranked #137. He was getting meaningful playing time on a decent team, but did not play in many games due to injuries. Lapray was also a very good recruit coming out of HS (ranked #317 nationally in 247sports' composite rankings). Jones did not play as much at Penn before his injuries started and he was not quite as high profile as Lapray coming out of HS (though he had some 3-star rankings). Both had decent lists of offers and were better-regarded recruits coming out of HS than Van Green.

That certainly does not guarantee that they will make a bigger impact at Rice than Van did in his season. But I think the evidence suggests that both guys have a higher floor and a higher ceiling than Van, assuming they can stay healthy.
11-03-2017 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mens's BSKB season ticket preview - mrbig - 11-03-2017 09:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.