U.S. eliminated from World Cup
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: U.S. eliminated from World Cup
(10-11-2017 10:51 PM)ChicagoMan Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 06:33 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 04:49 PM)ChicagoMan Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 02:06 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  This idea that guys have to be capped X number of times is just BS. If a guy is playing regularly in a top four European league, whether born here or not, they are a better damn option than half the old guard MLS guys we put out there. National teams are based on talent. The idea that we have to carefully brood chemistry for a team that plays 10 competitive matches in their busiest years is how we ended up with this aging mess. Then to say we would've had to make roster changes if we made it? Insane.

And again, I will not argue for Klinsmann and will not argue that we have a talent issue this cycle. But if you seriously think we didn't have the players to DRAW Trinidad's B team (B+ if we're generous) in a do or die, or get a result against Costa Rica at home for that matter, you're nuts. That is on Bruce, and it's perfectly possible to acknowledge both.

No, it's not BS, Germany does that now, you know, the same Germany your hero came from right? Jurgen stuck with these old guard players all along. And Johnson sucks donkey balls. He can stay away from USMNT.

Jurbag should have been fired after the World Cup. Terrible TD, he took credit for development that was happening organically and he was just TD in name only.

Metro dbag that he is.

Germany has so much talent that they brought basically a U23 team to the Confederations Cup against a bunch of top teams' A squads and won it anyway. We aren't Germany.

Although that brings up a good point, Bruce should have brought in an actual youth team for the Gold Cup, and all the supporters I knew at the time agreed. We learned little to nothing from that tournament because he didn't play anyone new for the knockouts when we actually had sort of tough games.

It's pretty clear you've run out of arguments, and that the extent of your soccer knowledge is from watching the USMNT for a while. That's fine, but don't try to pass the Bruce Arena garbage fire as acceptable because you remember when he won some World Cup games 15 years ago. There is a reason that hire was widely panned. And you've refused to address any points regarding him. Just "it's all Jurgen's fault".

You confused little metro, I did address your "points" as their being pointless. We're in this situation due to Jurbag. I have been watching EPL since way before you were born. It's clear you think that because you have some rudimentary soccer knowledge and follow European soccer that you are the only one "qualified" to discuss. What a poser arrogant take. Why am I not surprised?

You sound like those gay guys out there that yell at other gay guys for not being GAY enough. You do that too?

03-lmfao Bruce should have brought youth in for the Gold Cup for Jurgen doesn't do anything for five years and it's ok? THAT is rich.

You're take is exactly the problem with the soccer culture in this country, your type of faux expert attitude.

BTW, Jason LaCanforna has a great take on how "not inclusive" the sport is and why we don't develop elite talent in this country.

I'm sorry, I don't believe you. If you knew anything you'd never have served up that garbage take about being better off going through the NCAA than our "club mentality".

And I still have yet to defend Klinsmann, but keep piling on that strawman.
10-11-2017 11:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: U.S. eliminated from World Cup - wmubroncopilot - 10-11-2017 11:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.