Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

***Game Thread: "Hate Bowl V" UTSA @ North Texas***
Bookmark and Share
D4RKW4T3R ROCK Offline
2nd String

I Root For: EAGLES SMTTT
RE: Hate Week: Let the Great Hate Debate Begin
(10-08-2017 10:51 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 08:56 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Many UTSA fans Hate North Texas, and we don't care much for them either. Maybe the loss to Southern Miss will keep some from trash talking the week, but I have a feeling the self restraint will quickly pass, and most will be at each other throats by Saturday. Here is a quick rundown of the History of Hate for those wondering just how we got to this point...

2012- UTSA joins the WAC (In the months leading up to the invitation, myself and maybe a few other North Texas fans frequented the WAC board and expressed our displeasure at the addition.=USTA fans didn't appreciate this)

Later in 2012- It was announced that UTSA would be joining C-USA for the 2013 season (Myself, a few other UNT fans, and some UTEP fans expressed our displeasure about this addition = USTA fans didn't appreciate this)

2013- UTSA@North Texas, San Antonio came to Denton and squeaked out a victory (21-13) over our very good HOD Bowl championship team. (This loss kept UNT for the C-USA title game, and it has been perceived that UTSA fans generally annoyed the UNT fans and were not very respectful of our stadium = North Texas fans didn't appreciate this)

2015- In a season of unprecedented losses, and under the guidance of an interim head coach, North Texas earned our only victory of the season by topping an almost equally miserable UTSA team 30-23 in Denton.(After pointing out our terrible loss to Portland State for a large portion of the season, North Texas fans were quick to point out that UTSA had now become the only team to lose to our team = USTA fans didn't appreciate this)

2016- Leading up to this game at the Alamodome, players on both sides openly expressed their dislike for each other. North Texas lost the game. ( "allegedly" at some point North Texas players pissed on the UTSA field. North Texas went on to recieve a Heart of Dallas Bowl invitation despite a 5-7 record, while UTSA (6-6) was sent to New Mexico. = USTA fans didn't appreciate this)

Which bring us to the 2017 addition of this clash of Good (North Texas) vs. Evil (UTSA). 04-cheers

Well, the lack of respect went both ways in 2013 though. Some of ours were disrespectful toward yours, but some of yours were disrespectful toward ours as well, and our team. Also, our team reacted inappropriately to the fans heckling them behind our bench. Shouldn't happen, I know.

You left out 2014 btw. We won 34-27.

And it's UTSA. It's really not difficult; just one letter more than UNT.
For what its worth, many Southern Miss fans have bellyached about the new additions to CUSA but as we get out azzes kicked a few more times by the noobies, We might start to see the good in these programs. For UNT and UTSA, I see two really good Texas teams with alot of great fans, good facilities, and growing support. We need rivalries to grow to build interest. This is a very exciting game for CUSA this weekend. There are others as well. This is good for CUSA.
10-09-2017 07:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hate Week: Let the Great Hate Debate Begin - D4RKW4T3R ROCK - 10-09-2017 07:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.