Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's over, the issues are obvious, time to move on.
Bookmark and Share
NotAlexGillett Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EMU
RE: It's over, the issues are obvious, time to move on.
(09-25-2017 09:51 AM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(09-25-2017 12:27 AM)NotAlexGillett Wrote:  Why do coaches get a benefit of the doubt for this? Two weeks to prepare and zero touchdowns until the fourth quarter. On the ground: 1.7 yards per carry. If this was the performance against Kentucky and we had Ohio coming up instead, then this would've so much easier to shrug off.

I think it's totally reasonable to say that Saturday showed a lot to be concerned with. I'm with you that the squad can't fix the past and can only move forward, but that was such a letdown.

This is too good of a team to keep playing like it just got out of bed.

Agree 100%, just trying to stay positive, haha.

The defense certainly didn't play like it just got out of bed, and the penalties are inexcusable for the third game in a row.

Honestly, this is very, very simple. We have an OLine problem, and Keen/Creighton apparently thought switching the blocking schemes would make it better, or play to their strengths. Obviously that is not the case.

I'm not sure what the answer is, so that's why I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to see some major changes for Kentucky. All I heard about leading up to this season was RPO, RPO, RPO........and we haven't seen any of that for some reason? We've got 3 good backs, who can all catch out of the backfield, but we've seen zero screen plays? I don't think we've seen a single draw play so far?

Kentucky just gave their game away against #20 Florida, after outplaying them the entire game. Sure, their offense is nothing to write home about, but their defense is very, very good.......and Kentucky put up 27 points against them. We cannot expect our defense to hold them to 10-14 points, so our offense is going to have to figure this out quickly, and likely score 30 for us to win.

We'll see, but honestly I don't expect a lot to change. My expectation is that their D will be very aggressive and challenge our receivers and Roback to beat them 1 on 1. This plays right into Roback's tendency to just take shots down the field, and throw the back shoulder, so our O will probably live and die by that again. Would be very surprised if we can run against this team.

Simply hoping the D continues to play tough, the penalties are cleaned up, and the offense shows some creativity and improvement.

Right, I should've specified. The offense has looked groggy. The defense has been holding its end of the bargain so far, which is certainly a plus.
09-25-2017 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's over, the issues are obvious, time to move on. - NotAlexGillett - 09-25-2017 10:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.