Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for ECU, and others who have experienced
Starfox207 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
Question for ECU, and others who have experienced
Hey Guys,

I wanted to fire up a thread, for a question I have been asking a few coworkers here in Raleigh.

Is it possible that these past two years have been planned by higher level employees of ECU? What I mean is, is it likely that they want to move the focus away from Sports, primarily Football, to something different for East Carolina?

a) while I can agree that ECU serves a much larger purpose to serve the poorer eastern part of the state, its hard to argue we would be anything significant without Football and are Med School.

I cant help but question that Staton, Compher, and Mo are hired to perform a Job, one that does not necessarily focus on keeping up with our Football strong traditions, but to relax our standards and bring us down a notch (or more)

A year ago, we had 2 of our governors trying to lobby us into the Big 12 to some extent. Maybe during those meetings, ECU for political, or other reasons was deemed not to enter the club forever. Why not just create an environment where the competition is no longer a thing at ECU, and keep it for UNch, Duke, WF, and NCST.

Someone I trust who is a UNC-W Fan, just said we recently became the largest student body of a university in NC, and I have to trust that means something. My Colleague said I was dillusional, and that ECU is going to clean house, and we will lose our AD, Coach, and most likely our Chanc if things keep on going this route, because of the importance of football at ECU.

Things I have recently noticed that I find exceptionally strange are below.

1. COmpher deleted his Twitter (a while ago, but still embarrassing grow a spine)
2. Mo changed his weekly Show at Roadhouse to Mondays at 1PM?
(limiting fan involvement)
3. Chancellor taking over a Facebook account devoted to the Football team and spreading his vision through it.
4. Our boneyard was down for a long period this past 2 days, and I am thinking the School is trying to limit free speech, and shirking responsibility, or communicating with Alumni, students, and Supporters of the Athletic dept.

Facebook, Twitter, our Radio station, and sports forums are alive with just outrage. Has a school ever combated this so harshly before, and is their actions harsh? Are they earmuffing the screams, kicking and screaming of Pirate Nation as they ruin our tradition? I tell you, if they take down the Pirate Radio Station, something is up at that point.

I'm sorry not sorry that its a little long, and there is no tldr, but. Thoughts when you can, and I appreciate you all.

TLDR: no tldr...:(
09-19-2017 06:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Question for ECU, and others who have experienced - Starfox207 - 09-19-2017 06:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.