WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Knee jerk just back from the game reaction....
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
RE: Knee jerk just back from the game reaction....
(09-16-2017 11:00 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  As everyone has already noticed... our team flat out looks ill-prepared out on the field... bad penalties, wrong routes by wide outs, missed assignments on defense leaving opposing receivers in vast open spaces by our defensive backfield, poor tackling and just plain lack of energy. The list goes on...

I saw a team that literally sleep walked its way through 3 quarters of football and almost got themselves so deep in a hole they couldn't find their way out... then the 4th quarter started... and the energy on the team started to pick up... You could see guys physically getting on each other and trying to pick each other up...

My question is... WHY THE MOTHER F-ING HELL did it take nearly three quarters of the game to finally get to this point? Did they just literally not take Idaho seriously until it looked like... "holy Sh1t these guys came to play and we better get our own sh1t together!"....

First half was abundant with key stone cops-esque bafoonery out on the field... guys running wrong routes... running into each other trying to block... absolutely HORRID play calling and execution on both sides of the ball... just looked like a shell of what this team was doing in game one... no idea what happened between USC and today... but its not a good product out there right now.

Second half was much the same for much of the 3rd quarter followed by Wassink deciding that he can just tuck it an run when there's wide open space in front of him... I think he's way more dangerous with his legs than with his arm... and he's starting to come into his own... We start the game today with the energy the team had in the last 10 minutes and we stomp Idaho from the get go... problem... we had no energy for a majority of the game and still somehow came away with the win...

Idaho has a really really really good QB... 5th year senior Linehan was a difference maker for that team on offense tonight... He kept plays alive and exposed every weakness we had... There were a number of plays where he was literally within split seconds of getting laid out flat and he made an incredible throw right on the money... There is no shame in some of those big plays they hit against us... not to mention he was checking into plays when our defense had no idea what was happening and they would gash us for huge gainers on the ground...

PENALTIES! Holy crap I haven't seen us that un-disciplined in a game with regard to penalties in a LONG time... Not really the quantity of penalties but rather the most unfortunately timed penalties... roughing the kicker... pass interference... and did I hear correctly that we had an OL get called for "clipping" on our last offensive drive inside the 7 yard line? CLIPPING? on an OL?

Lets just breath for a bit... sleep on this and hope that Bellamy just broke a nail and didn't do much worse ... he looked pretty bad being helped off the field there end the second half... NOT GOOD... Have to hope that these "learning" moments start having more positive effect as we move forward... This WMU team better be hungry for next week already.... and if I am Wagner I would be scared... We are capable of much better performance out there... and we had bright spots tonight... just too little and a lot too late... we are fortunate to come away tonight with the W.....

You only had 70 yards in penalties. Amateurs. We had 197 yards against EIU.
09-18-2017 03:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knee jerk just back from the game reaction.... - NIU007 - 09-18-2017 03:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.