Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Portland Police Are Purging Gang Database Because There Aren't Enough White Gangs
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: Portland Police Are Purging Gang Database Because There Aren't Enough White Gangs
(09-13-2017 09:46 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-13-2017 02:48 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(09-11-2017 12:20 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  These so called gang lists on many occasions are nothing more than a bunch of teenagers who tagged the wall of a local 7-11 store.

I cannot count how many times I have had a student who is on the so called gang list of local PD only to find out they got on that list simply because a family member was a gangster or because they lived in the same housing project.

I'm calling bull**** on that....

what would ever start a conversation between student and teacher to get to the point of the student telling his teacher...

"I'm on a gang list of local PD"

Once maybe but still a long shot but too many to count? A GC maybe but don't you teach math or history?

So which is it....

tagging a store or because of where their family member lived? One other thing. Did these kids who are so many you can't count tell you how they found out they were on the list? I serious doubt the police are stapling up the list on the telephone poles around town. Or did they get stopped by a police officer because they had some blue or red spray paint on their hands. So the officer said....You are going on the list.

When I worked at a middle school, we had an officer on duty who would work security at our school and give us and the students presentations regularly.

Every year, at the beginning of the year, we would get a presentation on gang activity in our area because we had our share of what they considered gang activity. Much of the "gang activity" was centered around a housing project on the northern border of our boundary.

It was at these presentations that our officer would run down the list of kids who had been picked up for petty crimes like graffiti, stealing, curfew, under the influence. etc. etc.

That's how I knew of countless supposed gang members who were placed on a gang list for small time stuff.

I don't know if it's this way in other cities but according to our officer, group of three or more kids who named themselves or wore the same color were considered gang members.

So if you were in the 4th grade, had two best friends, and walked around calling yourselves the three musketeers you were in danger of being stopped and harassed by cops for being a gang.

True story.

Perhaps now you understand why we were taught at an early age to run whenever we saw the cops.

I was thinking on a different level. That makes sense.
09-13-2017 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Portland Police Are Purging Gang Database Because There Aren't Enough White Gangs - WKUYG - 09-13-2017 02:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.