Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: NFL Opening Game Patriots/Chiefs down 12% from last year.
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
RE: OT: NFL Opening Game Patriots/Chiefs down 12% from last year.
(09-13-2017 10:04 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 11:50 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 10:32 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 10:29 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I assume viewership in Texas and Florida are down just because people have more important things to worry about.

NO. Two hurricanes that endanger millions of people has nothing to do with it.

It's because someone might kneel before a game. ( sarcasm) 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
Read the comments in the article it is about the players kneeling....the fans stand but players kneel and putting the politics in a sport that is turning fans away. Fans don't want political crap when watching sports, they get enough of it in other aspects of their life.

I think the impact is probably more than they realize. Its for this reason. This is entertainment, whether the players realize it or not. People will just start finding other things to do.

Baseball did severe damage to themselves long term with all the player strikes. People don't tune in to sports to hear about millionaires fighting with billionaires. The one that cancelled the world series was the last straw for me. I just lost interest in what was once my favorite sport. I don't think I watched any games last year. One year as a kid, I think I watched in person, on TV or listened on radio to about 120 of the Reds games. I would sit by the radio nearly every night.

By doing what you are doing, you are simply making their statement more powerful.

If you think boycotting the NFL is going to force them to make everyone stand during the National Anthem you are sadly mistaken because they can't do that. It's unconstitutional.

If anything, your boycott will in fact force the NFL to listen to the concerns of those who kneel and come to a compromise with these people in order to fix the problem.

They are either going to stop broadcasting the National Anthem, or simply allow players to sit in the locker room until it's over.
09-13-2017 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: NFL Opening Game Patriots/Chiefs down 12% from last year. - Fitbud - 09-13-2017 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.