Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats Dukes! From a humbled ECU Pirate Club Member!!!!
Bookmark and Share
91Alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU/ND
RE: Congrats Dukes! From a humbled ECU Pirate Club Member!!!!
(09-03-2017 11:13 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 08:31 AM)White Hall Wrote:  AAC is marketing itself as P6 (which in opinion is plain silly). It's hard to be taken seriously as a P6, if that is even possible, when one of your members is an FCS transition school.

Agree 100%. I noticed on the yard markers last night they had P6 on the top of them last night. There is no P6 and never will be. It doesn't happen just because you say it exists. If anything, it will stymie any moves for the G5 to develop its own level of national playoff for at least a decade probably until the AAC finally gets a clue that it isn't invited into the Power Conference Country Club - AND NEVER WILL BE!!

Some might pat them on the back for "trying". Lots of failures "tried". This marketing campaign is on par with the Big 12's ridiculous "One True Champion" thing where they wound up with co-champions with no conference title game. Nice 'try' but really stupid - and to a degree very insulting to Joe Public's intelligence.

I never use the monikers FBS or FCS. I think they are dumb and tired. I'm perfectly fine going old school with D1A and D1AA. Nowadays, D1A really is defined by P5 and G5. And, that gap will only get wider and wider as we are seeing.

I can point to a lot more failures who didn't try. Just sayin'.

I want to echo others' sentiments - had a great time in Greenville. Good bunch of folks down there. Unfortunately, I think they're in for a long year. Was listening to their post-game radio show and the hosts were openly hoping for 0-12 so they could justify making a coaching change.
09-03-2017 05:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Congrats Dukes! From a humbled ECU Pirate Club Member!!!! - 91Alum - 09-03-2017 05:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.